Remote start help

Just had an OEM remote start installed yest on my 2017 Reg cab LS, which has the manual heater knob. Was just wondering if had to leave the heater on when I shut the truck off? Or is it supposed to set the temp automatically to 72 degrees like my 14 Denali did? 
I think it won't set the temp to 72 because it doesn't have auto temp. When I need to leave my truck outside overnight and I know there might be ice I usually set the heater to defrost so I'll be ready when I hop in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Like mentioned you would need to turn the temp knob to your desired temperature and then set the mode selector how you wish. 

When I had my old GMC Envoy that had manual heater controls, I had set the fan speed to high, temperature all the way to heat and the mode was set to defrost and floor. That way it would defrost my windshield and front windows as well as heat up the cabin for me. If when I went out to my truck it was really frozen then I turn the knob to full defrost.

In the summer months, I would set the fan speed to high, temperature all the way to cold and then put the mode to blow out of the dash vents and the floor. I never use the recirculate button on remote start operations.

Archived