trailer brakes to no trailer brakes ?

got a question about my  2016 silverado 2500HD diesel pickup today i hook up a equipment trailer and plug the trailer in as soon as i moved it went from connected to check trailer brake system. I used the trailer Saturday and truck and every thing work like there was no trouble now there is no brake. I got all the lights on the trailer and power i check the fuse and move two 30 amp around to see what happen and i still have nothing.  i toke a test light to test the plug it works but the one pin for brakes should it have power or not because i put tape on the manual trailer brake lever to see what happen and still no power to the pin. So i toke my cousin 2015 gmc pickup and back up to it and plug in and it connected and work. So could someone tell what is going on with my 2016 diesel ? Remember i move 2 30 amp fuse around and no change

Sounds like you have a broken wire from the brake controller to the panel it is connected to.  I had the same problem.  Only difference is I installed my brake controller and the connection of the blue brake wire separated. Once I found that then my brakes worked again.  Not sure how these new trucks are wired but you might want to start there if you can.

Archived