Well, I finally cracked and bought an AR pistol.  10" upper with the arm brace.  I can't lie, I love that thing.

Made by Aero Precision.  I've used their parts to build my 762x39 AR.  Been solid for 5 years now. 

Anyone else running the pistol variant?  Thinking of getting a 7" upper for kicks.

Aero makes great product.  I was of the thought that if you wanted to run a carbine gas system you couldn't go shorter than a 10" bbl due to dwell time issues. The shorter barrels use a shorter more violent gas system which speaks to potential reliability an longevity issues.

have you looked into suppressing your 10" instead of getting another gun?  Suppressed 10" with a red dot or 1-6x variable scope sounds like the perfect HD/PDW setup. 

What kind of sights are you using on your pistol right now?  Do you have the Sig brace or the shockwave blade?

I believe I would need a piston system for the 7".  The flash suppressor is SAA design.  It's actually quite impressive with how well it works keeping the gasses out of my face.  I wasn't looking at a suppressor as I like the compact size.  And I'm not sure where to find subsonic ammo.  But, if I roll the 7", I might do the suppressor... not sure yet.

Running the Blade brace.  I liked the rigidity more than the sig.

For sights I'm using the Burris Fastfire II holographic.  I need a 1" riser still.  No magnifier.   

Stock trigger and BCG.  This more or a fun gun than anything, but mods are always a possibility. 

I prefer how much lighter the blade is.  The Burris is a nice touch, I'd like to try one of those.  Perfect for close quarters stuff.

im looking hard at the scorpion evo personally. I'd outfit it with a side folding blade or one is those collapsible braces.  

Just fyi Apil 14 gun owners as a whole will be assembling at our various state Capitols across the country to rally up support in protecting the second amendment. Please find the time to support. Let your friends and family know they're welcome too.

• 1 month later...

Decades ago, I picked up a Gwinn Arms Bushmaster "pistol." As they are uncommon, for your reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmaster_Arm_Pistol

http://www.biggerhammer.net/armpistol/variants.html

It is a rip to shoot, but not the most accurate puppy in the safe. As it was before its time, it is what it is and no one makes an arm brace or anything else for it. Shooting mil surplus; she calls it the cigarette lighter; but we don't smoke. :D

• 2 months later...

I just started ordering parts for a 300 Blackout pistol build. Local shop had their own lowers made. So far I've ordered a PDW-style arm brace/stock, Geissele SD-C trigger, charging handle and safety selector from Radian and planning to buy the upper from BCM. 9" barrel. Optic will probably be the Trijicon MRO and the sights from Troy.

• 4 weeks later...