Hey all,

Has anyone else had any issues with their 8 speed transmission with their 6.2L? I have a 15' Silverado with the 6.2L 8 speed, Z71 4x4 crew cab w/ 6.5' box. I am running the Pro-Comp front end leveling kit (2.25") on stock wheels and tires and have nitrogen in the tires. The shake was present before the leveling kit. Kit was professionally installed at a local shop and was aligned after install. It does it most when at highway speed in lower RPMs (between 40-75mph). It is very noticeable in the steering wheel. Like a vibration that comes and goes. I want to say that the tachometer will also pulsate with the vibrations albeit ever so slightly. It does it loaded or unloaded. I have read in other sources that there could be something wrong with the torque converter? I have an extended bumper to bumper warranty. Sorry for all of the extra info, just trying to figure this out. I have an appointment  next Friday at the dealership and they said that they would need to have a technician go with me because there isn't a check engine light. If there is a torque converter problem, is there an aftermarket bulletproof kit or remedy for this? Thanks everyone in advance!!!

Archived