So tonight after cleaning my truck I notice an issue with the brake pedal. When i was backing into my spot i noticed (first time ever) that as i pushed down on the pedal it became stiff.. I repeated this a couple of times and got the same results.

This does NOT happen at speed or even going 5-10 mph. Signs of a bad booster!??!?

13 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

Start here.

This.

I had the same issue happen a few random times.  The dealer couldn't duplicate it but I talked them into performing the PI that is listed in that thread.  So far the issue has not come back (fingers crossed)!

On 5/11/2018 at 2:34 PM, sk said:

This.

I had the same issue happen a few random times.  The dealer couldn't duplicate it but I talked them into performing the PI that is listed in that thread.  So far the issue has not come back (fingers crossed)!

Yeah, i am dropping mine off today. I'll report back with findings. 

23 hours ago, cklimpt said:

Vacuum pump, I had to replace over the weekend.  Not a hard job it's just a PIA that this happened with 61K.   It was doing exactly as described in your post.

Dealership Says NO Problem...... and tried to relate it back to the oil catch can lines. To my knowledge, the PCV System has NOTHING to do with the brake vacuum lines. If im wrong please correct me

UPDATE.

So I took the truck to a Chevy dealership by my office and it looks like I'm not crazy after all! The tech knew exactly what the problem was before stepping foot in the truck aka the vacuum pump.

Looks like dealership number 1 lost my business.