Silverado XM Module Replacement

I have another question for you guys.  On my truck, I have a lifetime Sirius XM subscription.  Of course, when I bought the subscription, I was told I could transfer 3 times, but apparently that only applies to non oem radios.  So, I've read that if your radio is damaged or accidentally broken that they may do a one time swap.  

So here's my question, if I replace the XM Module, will it give the radio a new id? I'm not sure if the Sirius XM radio id is linked to the radio, or module?   I would assume once my "lifetime" radio id is deactivated, it would never be able to be used again, so I want to put one in my truck that could be activated by a new owner.

I have another question for you guys.  On my truck, I have a lifetime Sirius XM subscription.  Of course, when I bought the subscription, I was told I could transfer 3 times, but apparently that only applies to non oem radios.  So, I've read that if your radio is damaged or accidentally broken that they may do a one time swap.  
So here's my question, if I replace the XM Module, will it give the radio a new id? I'm not sure if the Sirius XM radio id is linked to the radio, or module?   I would assume once my "lifetime" radio id is deactivated, it would never be able to be used again, so I want to put one in my truck that could be activated by a new owner.

ID is linked to XM ready head unit. Just transfer your account to new radio and nothing else. New owner will be able to activate. No need to replace anything.

ID is linked to XM ready head unit. Just transfer your account to new radio and nothing else. New owner will be able to activate. No need to replace anything.
They won't let me transfer and keep the lifetime subscription.

Is the head unit the XM box under the dash, or the main radio?

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
On 7/17/2018 at 8:11 AM, hunter1979 said:

FYI, the xm ID is not linked to the factory radio as stated above. Unfortunately, it cost me $130 to figure this out. I replaced the factory radio and just had it unlocked. It has the same xm ID.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

So, I am understanding this to mean that the XM ID is from the XM Module under the dash, and not the head unit?