2014 W/T to LT conversion

Hey guys, just purchased my second Chevy pickup and I’m wanting to make some changes. I bought a very nice 2014 Silverado 1500 W/T Crew Cab 2wd. It has the rubber flooring, which I wanted anyways, but I want to make some upgrades to the exterior and interior. It’s white with the black W/T bumpers and I’m thinking of swapping it with either a body colored one or chrome. I guess my question is, can this be done rather easily, or am I just going to get myself into a money pit? In the future I’ll be upgrading it with as many items as I can such as the stereo, it’s non touch now, a backup camera, as well as possibly power mirrors. Thanks guys

Congrats!

For any electronic upgrade... like radio, cluster, steering wheel controls, etc., expect to spend upwards of $1000. There will be a significant amount of hardware, programming, and wiring to upgrade those items. Stuff like mirrors, tail lights, adding a center console, maybe another $1000.

I’ve been helping the GM community on GM-Trucks.com on various upgrades. My truck is a 2016 LT and have spent the last 2 years adding thing to make it an LTZ/High Country, SLT/Denali.

Here are some of my videos...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys, just purchased my second Chevy pickup and I’m wanting to make some changes. I bought a very nice 2014 Silverado 1500 W/T Crew Cab 2wd. It has the rubber flooring, which I wanted anyways, but I want to make some upgrades to the exterior and interior. It’s white with the black W/T bumpers and I’m thinking of swapping it with either a body colored one or chrome. I guess my question is, can this be done rather easily, or am I just going to get myself into a money pit? In the future I’ll be upgrading it with as many items as I can such as the stereo, it’s non touch now, a backup camera, as well as possibly power mirrors. Thanks guys

You can pretty much do whatever you want the w/t is the same bare bones as a lt a couple guys I know switched out their steering wheel radio and motherboards out for higher up model ones from written off trucks. You can change out the radio to the 7” with no problem did it in a friends truck takes 10 min

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Black-7-Radio-Touch-Screen-Control-2016-2017-Chevrolet-Silverado-GMC-Sierra/263549443378?hash=item3d5cc55d32%3Ag%3AnVIAAOSwX3Fa-u3E&_sacat=0&_nkw=silverado+touch+screen&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1311.R1.TR5.TRC0.A0.H0.Xsilverado+tou.TRS0

Also the holes for tow hooks are there under the bumper, so that’s nice.

In my last truck I tried to change the a/c control to the digital ones it worked sorta you could only change the temp on the one side but not the other, looked cool but not worth the money.

I actually have the large fully manual towing mirrors. I'm wondering if I can swap it to either power towing mirrors or if I can't I'll go with the normal power mirrors. I don't care if they are power folding or not. 

• Like 1

I actually have the large fully manual towing mirrors. I'm wondering if I can swap it to either power towing mirrors or if I can't I'll go with the normal power mirrors. I don't care if they are power folding or not. 

If you have power windows, manual adjust mirros, you can gain power adjust mirrors. You would need to swap out your armrest bezel, Panel Panel harness and door harness.

f3b973ff82dcbc3895f95da34b691127.jpg

If you want to stay with the larger tow mirrors, and want them to be power adjust, you can... BUT... since your 2014, there would be additional wiring needed to be ran inside the cabin and under the hood for the new lighting features that the newer style tow mirrors come with.

• 1 month later...
On 7/30/2018 at 1:01 AM, Deadpoollane said:

You can pretty much do whatever you want the w/t is the same bare bones as a lt a couple guys I know switched out their steering wheel radio and motherboards out for higher up model ones from written off trucks. You can change out the radio to the 7” with no problem did it in a friends truck takes 10 min

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Black-7-Radio-Touch-Screen-Control-2016-2017-Chevrolet-Silverado-GMC-Sierra/263549443378?hash=item3d5cc55d32%3Ag%3AnVIAAOSwX3Fa-u3E&_sacat=0&_nkw=silverado+touch+screen&_from=R40&rt=nc&_trksid=p2380057.m4084.l1311.R1.TR5.TRC0.A0.H0.Xsilverado+tou.TRS0

Also the holes for tow hooks are there under the bumper, so that’s nice.

In my last truck I tried to change the a/c control to the digital ones it worked sorta you could only change the temp on the one side but not the other, looked cool but not worth the money.

What does that get you, the same functionality just with a larger screen?  The features are driven off the radio and hmi, correct?  MVI offers an upgrade package with the 7", but it goes for $1,200+.