Lower Grill and Block heater plug mount

Just got done installing a lower grill I got from Mountains to Metal and took the opportunity to use grill as a platform for my Block heater plug.
IMG_9933.thumb.JPG.3f611072d177f1daae2ce02dafee6184.JPG
IMG_5934.thumb.JPG.5e43b13d3b4bf52d3bd666b3838e5bd9.JPG

Looks clean. Where did you get the plug end flange with the 4 bolts? I think the trucks just have a standard cord male end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you get the block heater plug?

Just got done installing a lower grill I got from Mountains to Metal and took the opportunity to use grill as a platform for my Block heater plug.
IMG_9933.thumb.JPG.3f611072d177f1daae2ce02dafee6184.JPG
IMG_5934.thumb.JPG.5e43b13d3b4bf52d3bd666b3838e5bd9.JPG

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, TheMekanik said:

Looks clean. Where did you get the plug end flange with the 4 bolts? I think the trucks just have a standard cord male end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.  

Got the plug here, its a Noco Genius plug .    I made the bracket that fits behind the grill. 

Used cardboard for test template then I fabricated bracket out of a a piece of .05 thick sheet metal.    I sheered the plate to be square. Press Punched (easily could of drilled if needed)four holes for the rivets once I determined correct placement, the riveted holes attach the plate to grill.   Then  Press punched a 2" hole in center of plate (a hole saw would of worked if I didn't have the punch) and then used an Air Grinder to cut out a 2" hole in grill.   Found proper placement for the Noco Genuis mounting holes and drilled those holes for mounting plug.

If I had to do it again I would of cut hole in grill bigger so that plug mounted flat onto mounting plate. 

9 hours ago, Donstar said:

Nice job!  I haven't required a block heater for many years but I appreciate the benefits of such a modification.

Funny thing is I most likely wont need it but its there if I do. I had the grill and wanted mount the heater cord without cutting/drilling/or screwing anything into actual truck.