Casting to Rear Entertainment

I am about to lose my mind. I will be in the car sunday and I want to be able to cast my NBC Sports App to the rear entertainment screen so my son and I can watch NASCAR.  I have tried the DNLA App and the GM RSE App and cannot get either to work. Also tried to get my phone to cast via USB did not work.  Has anyone tried the USB to HDMI and selected HDMI to get thier phone screen to cast.  Is there anyway to do this?  thank you

• 1 month later...

Hi,

This might be too late, but yes I did try to cast from my iPad to the rear screen via HDMI and it worked, but that was a normal video from the photo gallery.

If you want to cast TV channels next time, check some podcasting channels who have an application at the app store like (Fox) and (Fox sports GO) with subscription plans.

Other way is to subscribe with SlingTV or fuboTV and cast as well through their apps.

I hope that can help you in the future, or any other owners.

Cheers,,

I am about to lose my mind. I will be in the car sunday and I want to be able to cast my NBC Sports App to the rear entertainment screen so my son and I can watch NASCAR.  I have tried the DNLA App and the GM RSE App and cannot get either to work. Also tried to get my phone to cast via USB did not work.  Has anyone tried the USB to HDMI and selected HDMI to get thier phone screen to cast.  Is there anyway to do this?  thank you

Just tried again to cast (Screen Mirroring) via HDMI, and I had one issue: The video/cast from apps such as Fox Sport GO played at the rear entertainment system with no audio, and the front in-dash screen shows audio timer of the video but with no sound! After couple times I found out that Bluetooth connection MUST be disconnected when casting via HDMI, so it will not get conflict and interfere. So, after disconnecting Bluetooth, casting worked perfectly (Video & Audio) at both screens while in park.

So, I just wanted to clarify that to whom it may concern.