2014 Silverado 8" Radio Screen touch screen issues

First let me apologize if this is a repost, I am a newb on this forum and my search skills suck. 

Lately, naturally after warranty has run out, the screen on my truck has been giving me issues.  I will be driving down the road when the screen takes a life of it's own and will select "Browse".  Happens with FM radio and XM radio.  I will touch the exit button and almost immediately the screen will act like I touched "Browse" again and load up again.

I've tried cleaning the screen and nothing.  If I gently tap on the screen with the back of my finger several times it'll quit for a while(generally a couple days) then start back up.  

Has anyone else had this issue?  If so how did you resolve it? 

Thanks,

David

On 10/7/2018 at 3:04 PM, 1057 said:

First let me apologize if this is a repost, I am a newb on this forum and my search skills suck. 

Lately, naturally after warranty has run out, the screen on my truck has been giving me issues.  I will be driving down the road when the screen takes a life of it's own and will select "Browse".  Happens with FM radio and XM radio.  I will touch the exit button and almost immediately the screen will act like I touched "Browse" again and load up again.

I've tried cleaning the screen and nothing.  If I gently tap on the screen with the back of my finger several times it'll quit for a while(generally a couple days) then start back up.  

Has anyone else had this issue?  If so how did you resolve it? 

Thanks,

David

Hey, David. If this infotainment screen problem still persists, and you’re considering visiting your servicing GM dealership, we would be happy to work alongside them to determine the root cause. We hope to hear from you soon. 

Anthony J.

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/10/2018 at 1:34 PM, sk said:

I don't have the issue so I don't know if this will help but did you try recalibrating the touchscreen?

Guess I’m off to the owners manual.  Didn’t know you could do that. 

• 2 months later...

I am having the same issue.  seems like 1 out of every 5 times I drive the vehicle, the screen goes wonky and thinks I am touching things.  Very similar to what you described.  I tried cleaning it and thought that was the fix, but it came back. Hour home from work last night the screen was going nuts, hour ride to work this morning, it was flawless.   cant seem to figure it out.    I was unaware you can calibrate the touch screen.     I absolutely refuse to pay a dealer to try and fix this out of warranty. 

• 4 weeks later...