2014 Sierra Leveling Kit + Wheels & Tires

Thanks in advance for any information! 

I am looking to level my sierra with a Motofab 2.5 inch leveling kit and need some advice on wheels and tires. 

I'd like to get a set of Method wheels 18x9 either with a -12 or +18 offset. I don't know much about how offsets work so any recommendations would be great.

https://www.methodracewheels.com/collections/wheels/products/standard-matte-black

Also, to pair with this setup i'd like to run Toyo CT 275/65/18 (32.1x10.8x18) wheels. 

https://www.toyotires.com/tire/pattern/off-road-tires-open-country-ct

Any thoughts on if this setup is feasible and which offset would work best?

Thanks

Offset is simple. Negative offset pushes the wheel out from the fender and positive pulls it in. I prefer a negative offset because it gives you a wider stance and a more aggressive look. I would go with the -12.

These are 275/65/18s on 18x9 +12mm offset wheels with a 2” level. The edge of the tread is right at flush with the top of the fender opening. A -12mm offset would push the tires out another inch and a +18mm would pull the tires in about 1/4”. The stock 18” wheels are a +24mm offset. 

A5C78625-C0A3-488A-A82F-9D83B78F1C0E.jpeg

I'm no expert... but in my opinion a -12 offset wouldn't have any sort of negative impact on the suspension. Suspension issues typically arise when the height of the truck is altered and suspension components are operating at steeper angles. Those angles can cause excessive wear and tear, binding or impact.

Edited by nchls