SLT or Denali

Hopefully I will be ordering a 2019 GMC HD 3500 SRW, 6.0 gas. I am torn between the SLT and Denali. I know the grill, bumpers and a few other cosmetics are different. My main concern is the electronics. I like to shy away from BSM, parking assist etc., and not sure about the Denali steering. Are there other differences I am not aware of?

I am going with the 3500 over the 2500 mainly for the heavier 10,800 axle and lack of TPMS.

Any advice from owners of similar trucks?

Sit in one of each and determine which dash/dic/gauges you like. 

Denali has different gauge display (gauges are on the screen, instead of fixed gauges).

Denali voltmeter changes to trans temp when it's in tow haul.   (SLT has a dic screen that can display trans temp.)

Denali also has a couple of other screen 'themes' that can be displayed. (but only the standard theme shows 4 'gauges')

SLT seats are 10 way, Denali are 12 way. 

If you decide on 2500 Denali, the 18" Denali rims that are used on 3500 Denali are optional/available on 2500 Denali (to give more sidewall than the std 20's)

Same RPO, different seats.

From 2019 order guide:

available on SLT:

AN3         Seats, front full-feature leather-appointed bucket with (KA1) heated seat cushions and seat backs. Includes 10-way power driver and front passenger seat adjusters, including 2-way power lumbar control, 2-position driver memory, adjustable head restraints, (D07) floor console, storage pockets and (K4C) Wireless charging. 

Standard on Denali:

AN3    Seats, front full-feature leather-appointed bucket with (KA1) heated seat cushions and seat backs. Includes 12-way power driver and front passenger seat adjusters, including 4-way power lumbar control, 2-position driver memory, adjustable head restraints, (D07) floor console and storage pockets and (K4C) wireless charging

Great info. Also found that a CC is going to give me digital steering regardless of trim. Wondering if that is squared away from 2016.  Based on the above info (gauges) I am definitely going to drive both.  Definitely want the 18 inch rims and tire sidewall.

On 11/23/2018 at 5:51 AM, Rosco said:

Great info. Also found that a CC is going to give me digital steering regardless of trim. Wondering if that is squared away from 2016.  Based on the above info (gauges) I am definitely going to drive both.  Definitely want the 18 inch rims and tire sidewall.

Digital assistant is great on my truck. 

Yes, NV8 is standard on HD crew SLE/SLT/Denali HD's. 

I don't think it comes on base sierra crew. (which you aren't looking at anyway)

Edited by redwngr

I was in exactly the same boat as you. Basically $3K more for the Denali but I couldn't decide between that and a SLT-AT.  Finally just decided on the AT; too much chrome was the deciding factor.  Looking back, I didn't care for the extra features on the Denali. I'll put that money towards accessories that make the truck just the way I want it. Only been 2 weeks, but I'm happy with my decision.

On 11/25/2018 at 3:46 AM, BNSF said:

I was in exactly the same boat as you. Basically $3K more for the Denali but I couldn't decide between that and a SLT-AT.  Finally just decided on the AT; too much chrome was the deciding factor.  Looking back, I didn't care for the extra features on the Denali. I'll put that money towards accessories that make the truck just the way I want it. Only been 2 weeks, but I'm happy with my decision.

sounds like you were like me-anything but the chrome bumpers. The features I have now with my Denali I dont even use- prob a few I dont even know are there.