285/60/20 AT tires on Trail boss

Hey guys need some advice if anyone knows that 285/60/20 (33.5 x 11.5) will fit on my trail boss with the factory lift with no rub. I want to pair with +15mm offset aftermarket rims which will give me about a cm more offset than stock. 

My 2nd choice was 275/60/20 but would like the 285 if they will fit. 

• 2 months later...
On 11/30/2018 at 12:15 AM, Hamrtime35 said:

Hey guys need some advice if anyone knows that 285/60/20 (33.5 x 11.5) will fit on my trail boss with the factory lift with no rub. I want to pair with +15mm offset aftermarket rims which will give me about a cm more offset than stock. 

My 2nd choice was 275/60/20 but would like the 285 if they will fit. 

I just saw this post but I have 33.5x12.5 R20 on my stock height Trail Boss with a 0mm offset rim and it only rubs slighty at full lock.  You may be good to run this size with no rub.

7 hours ago, z1boss said:

I just saw this post but I have 33.5x12.5 R20 on my stock height Trail Boss with a 0mm offset rim and it only rubs slighty at full lock.  You may be good to run this size with no rub.

Hey man, quick question, noticed a Trail Boss on Instagram, they had 295/55/r20, I asked him why he didn’t go bigger and he said that was the largest size with out having to recalibrate the mph and he said one didn’t exist for the 2019 to recalibrate it.  Did you have to readjust the mph for your tires?  He also said those fit with out issues, so I am sure the tires for the OP should work fine, I was looking at 305’s for my trailboss.

38 minutes ago, Trailboss75 said:

Hey man, quick question, noticed a Trail Boss on Instagram, they had 295/55/r20, I asked him why he didn’t go bigger and he said that was the largest size with out having to recalibrate the mph and he said one didn’t exist for the 2019 to recalibrate it.  Did you have to readjust the mph for your tires?  He also said those fit with out issues, so I am sure the tires for the OP should work fine, I was looking at 305’s for my trailboss.

I did not recalibrate mine because it's only off 1 mph for every 30 that I am going so for example if my speedometer shows 60 mph, I am actually going 62 mph so it's not a big deal really.  I am running the size you want to use 305/55R20 (33.5x12.5R20) and mine does slightly rub at full lock but it's not that bad at all.  I have a 0 mm offset rim and if ur rim has a more positive offset then it may not rub at all.  Below is a picture of how far they stick out with a 0 mm offset rim.  Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

20181202_152648.jpg

Edited by z1boss

18 hours ago, z1boss said:

I did not recalibrate mine because it's only off 1 mph for every 30 that I am going so for example if my speedometer shows 60 mph, I am actually going 62 mph so it's not a big deal really.  I am running the size you want to use 305/55R20 (33.5x12.5R20) and mine does slightly rub at full lock but it's not that bad at all.  I have a 0 mm offset rim and if ur rim has a more positive offset then it may not rub at all.  Below is a picture of how far they stick out with a 0 mm offset rim.  Any other questions, please feel free to ask.

20181202_152648.jpg

haha, I have a lot of questions lol.. how did you get your tires to stick out so much with a 0 offset, are you running spacers?  this is the most confusing part for me, trying to pick wheels out, but I have no idea how the width of the tire and offset match up.  Meaning I have seen pics with trucks with the 305's with 0 offset that are out about .5 to 1" then I have seen the same thing with -12 and -24 offset where they are out about an1".  So are some running spacers? does the width of the tire make a difference in how far it sticks out with the offset?  I want them to be somewhere in between the .5-1" out from fender, so I dont know if I need 0, -12 or -24 offset.  LOL.

The other question is how does offset affect handling and tire wear?

Sorry to the OP to hijacking his thread!

5 hours ago, Trailboss75 said:

haha, I have a lot of questions lol.. how did you get your tires to stick out so much with a 0 offset, are you running spacers?  this is the most confusing part for me, trying to pick wheels out, but I have no idea how the width of the tire and offset match up.  Meaning I have seen pics with trucks with the 305's with 0 offset that are out about .5 to 1" then I have seen the same thing with -12 and -24 offset where they are out about an1".  So are some running spacers? does the width of the tire make a difference in how far it sticks out with the offset?  I want them to be somewhere in between the .5-1" out from fender, so I dont know if I need 0, -12 or -24 offset.  LOL.

The other question is how does offset affect handling and tire wear?

Sorry to the OP to hijacking his thread!

I am not running spacers.  My rims are 20x9 with a 0 mm offset.  They honestly stick out around 1".  The picture is a little deceiving because of the angle it was taken from.  Here is a better picture.  If you try and run anything lower than 0 mm offset on a 305 you will rub a lot.  Mine rubs very slightly at full lock but it doesnt really bother me.  Also, the width of the tire will definitely play a difference on how far it sticks out.  Some tires claim to be a certain size and they are not.  My Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs are 305/55R20 and they actually measure out to 33.5x12.5

20181109_112343.jpg

32 minutes ago, robertkoors said:

Would you mind posting a picture off angle or off to the side?   That really looks nice and it would help me also with tire size!

Let me know if these pics work or you want any different angles

Snapchat-1094727934.jpg

Snapchat-2098501573.jpg

20190215_185444.jpg

Edited by z1boss

21 hours ago, robertkoors said:

Thanks.  That looks sweet.  I have a 2019 Denali and was contacted to do a test 3” lift and want to do new wheels and tires and this helps with sizing.  I’m curious as to max size tires I can get with 22s.  

Thanks.  You can probably squeeze 35s on there if they are not 12.5 wide since you would be close to the height of a Trailboss with a level but still a little shorter.  You could get away with 35x12.5s but they will most likely rub a little.  You can for sure fit 33x12.5s.  Make sure the 22s are either 22x9 or 22x10 because anything wider and they will stick too far out and rub.  Also make sure that the wheels clear the calipers as the calipers on the 19s are larger and the spokes on some rims wont clear without spacers.

Edited by z1boss

On 2/19/2019 at 11:02 PM, z1boss said:

I am not running spacers.  My rims are 20x9 with a 0 mm offset.  They honestly stick out around 1".  The picture is a little deceiving because of the angle it was taken from.  Here is a better picture.  If you try and run anything lower than 0 mm offset on a 305 you will rub a lot.  Mine rubs very slightly at full lock but it doesnt really bother me.  Also, the width of the tire will definitely play a difference on how far it sticks out.  Some tires claim to be a certain size and they are not.  My Mickey Thompson Baja MTZs are 305/55R20 and they actually measure out to 33.5x12.5

20181109_112343.jpg

Hey do you think a 295/60r20 (33.94” x 11.77”). Would fit better with no rub?  I would be looking at a 20x9 wheel with 0 offset?  Is it the width that causes the problem or diameter?  I was assuming the width which is why i thought these might work better, still wide enough, but almost 3/4” smaller in width than the 305/55r20 (33.23” x 12.44”) I am going off measurements for the nitto ridge grapplers for both tire measurements.