According to AMSOIL's Tech support AMSOIL's 0w-20 oil for the engine and the Ea017 for the filter.  The lookup guide is in work.  AMSOIL works with another  company that has the data base for all vehicles and once they get it finalized then the lookup guide will reflect products. They are hoping it will be updated by the end of the month.

I've changed my oil in my 6.2 and use two gallons of the Signature Series 0w20 and the Ea017 filter. 

I'm just glad that GM kept it at 8qts and not this odd qt quantity like 7 or 9 or eve 8.5.  I just get two gallons of AMSOIL and dump in. No messing around with 8 individual qts. [emoji4]

Great information! Amsoil emailed this morning saying nothing was in production yet for filters. I’ll get it ordered!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

One thing to add (or maybe it's already been mentioned somewhere) is that while the maintenance section of the manual doesn't mention anything about a break-in oil change, the towing section says not to tow a trailer at all during the first 500 miles of use, and then that "it is recommended to perform the first oil change before heavy towing."

That seems to me to be a bit of evidence in favor of an initial early change in any case, and it should force one if you're going to be towing ("heavy," at least, but what's the definition of "heavy") soon and want to follow GM's recommendations.

• Like 1