I'm about to purchase a lift kit for my 2014 1500 and I'm trying to figure out what size and brand. I'm leaning towards the 6.5" zone because there are so many people saying how good zone is. I also was wondering how much adjustment there is in the lift if anybody knows. Would there be enough to drop it down to 5.5" if I wanted too? Does anybody wish they would have gotten the 4.5" vs the 6.5" or vice versa? Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Also, why is BDS almost $800 more than zone? It seems people say BDS over Zone and BDS is more expensive but whats so much better about it compared to zone?

BDS comes with new front struts, where as Zone uses strut spacers, BDS has a slightly better warranty, and the front cross member is arched to be "high clearance".  IMO i would get the 4.5" Zone over the 6.5" (the only difference LITERALLY is the size of the front spacer, and the size of the rear block) and get the bilstein 5100's which will allow you to run the kit at 4.5" or .75", 1.25", or 1.85" higher, where as if you get the 6.5" kit you're stuck at 6.5". 

Also BDS owns Zone. 

Edited by jimmyboy8301

Also depends on what tires you want to run. 6.5" looks kinda funny to me with anything less than 34s. I wouldn't clear my garage with a 6.5 and (if I had it) 35s. 

I clear fine with my 4.5 / 33s (my antenna hits, but meh). 

BDS and Zone are owned by the same company. It’s pretty commonly known BDS is their signature brand and hence the better warranty, higher price. From my research, the engineering at BDS is a few steps ahead of Zone. They have done a lot of work in the performance trucks world and have done a couple joint ventures with Fox which is why they offer the 2.5 coil overs and shocks. I’m a big fan of BDS, they make great 4.5, 6, and 7 kits and imo the 6” with 35’s look cannot be beat. Both are great lifts however I think you get a little more if you pay a little more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk