Not recognizing Tire Pressure Sensors

I have a 2016 GMC Sierra Reg Cab WT. I had the opportunity to swap out my 17" chrome wheels with 20" wheels off a 2019 GMC SLT. Swap was done at my local tire shop and they told me that my truck may or may not recognize the new sensors. Well, it didn't so now I get the Check tire pressure system message and light. Do I need to take to the dealership to have them set? Went back to the local tire shop this morning to be told that they didn't have the software to recognize 2019 vehicles yet. Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.IMG_0591.thumb.jpeg.f053757c0ee53b41de98d1575399cde3.jpeg

Yes, discount tires is where I had the work done and they thought that there was a change with the 2019 sensors. They said that they could remove the TMPS sensors from my old wheels and transfer them over but I'd really prefer to use the new sensors if possible. Tires only have 3000 miles on them. I'll check around and do a little more research. Thanks for the quick response 

47 minutes ago, AFVet2670 said:

Yes, discount tires is where I had the work done and they thought that there was a change with the 2019 sensors. They said that they could remove the TMPS sensors from my old wheels and transfer them over but I'd really prefer to use the new sensors if possible. Tires only have 3000 miles on them. I'll check around and do a little more research. Thanks for the quick response 

No problem, good luck.

3 hours ago, AFVet2670 said:

I have a 2016 GMC Sierra Reg Cab WT. I had the opportunity to swap out my 17" chrome wheels with 20" wheels off a 2019 GMC SLT. Swap was done at my local tire shop and they told me that my truck may or may not recognize the new sensors. Well, it didn't so now I get the Check tire pressure system message and light. Do I need to take to the dealership to have them set? Went back to the local tire shop this morning to be told that they didn't have the software to recognize 2019 vehicles yet. Thanks for any help you may be able to offer.IMG_0591.thumb.jpeg.f053757c0ee53b41de98d1575399cde3.jpeg

I don’t know the answer but wanted to say that’s a fine looking truck right there! ??

• Like 1

Update...Well after buying an Autel TPMS tool I discovered what the issue is. The tires I put on came from a 2019 Sierra. 2019 changed the frequency of the TPMS so my 2016 can't recognize them. So if anyone wants OEM wheels and they are from a 2019 and you have a later model truck, it probably won't work. I don't know if the Denali uses the same setup but am assuming it does. Hope this helps.

• Thanks 1