Returning member after a long absence

cit1991

A couple months ago I picked up a 2018 GMC Sierra Denali (ultimate).  So, I'm rejoining this board.  It was funny to see PM's from 12 years ago! Last time I was here, was when I had a 2000 Chevy Z-71, 1.5 cab shortbed.

After that one, I bought a 2005 Diesel Chevy crew cab, kept for 10 years....then was without a truck for a while.

Now, getting back into the truck world (just couldn't stay away).  I wanted a new diesel, but couldn't bring myself to tackle the issues with all the emissions BS they have now.  Test drove 3 of em.  One was ok.  One had an intermittent engine vibration (the kind that'd drive me nuts, but probably one the dealer couldn't diagnose).  The third was displaying a warning asking me to continue driving.  It had been trying to regen the DPF, and people kept turning it off in the middle (probably all those test drives).  So with a total of 60 miles on the clock, it started begging, hoping someone would drive it for like 30 miles so it could finish...and if not, then it'll throw a code and have to be taken in.

That was one emissions complication too much for me, so I decided to go with a gasser.

I was cit1991 over on dieselplace and did a lot of tuning with EFILive over there.  

Other vehicles I've owned, BMW X5 50i, 08 Audi RS4, '11 Audi R8 V10, BMW 750iL

I hope I can contribute as much to this board as I get out of it.