2015 Silverado with 2016 tailgate (Oem power lock and camera harness)

I’m wondering if anyone has any knowledge on the debacle I’m in. I just bought a 2015 Silverado that turns out has a 2016 tailgate. I looked in side the tailgate because the key lock wouldn’t work and found the power lock actuator. My problem is the junction block on my truck is a 6 pin and not the 8 pin that’s on the harness, so neither the power lock nor the camera can work. Couldn’t I in theory get a junction block with the 8 pin plug in? The part number I found is for camera only (23208491) which is the 6 pin. I can’t be the only one with this issue. I’d rather not have to get a new camera with the 6 pin harness and wire in the power lock actuator just to get them to work. Plus I’d be a lot easier just to plug in to a new junction block.

16161858-D955-4A30-BDFC-51B97B4E24D4.jpeg

That’s the cap for the block and hopefully the junction block I need is at the junkyard in this small town I’m in. If all else fails I can get a 6 pin plug and re pin it. I’d just have to wire the power lock for the tailgate. I was just hoping someone has tried it with success. 

Edited by Abeard12

1 hour ago, Abeard12 said:

I’m wondering if anyone has any knowledge on the debacle I’m in. I just bought a 2015 Silverado that turns out has a 2016 tailgate. I looked in side the tailgate because the key lock wouldn’t work and found the power lock actuator. My problem is the junction block on my truck is a 6 pin and not the 8 pin that’s on the harness, so neither the power lock nor the camera can work. Couldn’t I in theory get a junction block with the 8 pin plug in? The part number I found is for camera only (23208491) which is the 6 pin. I can’t be the only one with this issue. I’d rather not have to get a new camera with the 6 pin harness and wire in the power lock actuator just to get them to work. Plus I’d be a lot easier just to plug in to a new junction block.

16161858-D955-4A30-BDFC-51B97B4E24D4.jpeg

So, here is a couple of  questions, what is the trim level of your truck, and why is there more pins on the one harness, what are they for?

14 minutes ago, Viktorrocks15 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw the video and if I can’t get a junction block with the a 8 pin plug or the junction block doesn’t work in then I’ll just get a 6 pin connector for the camera and wire the tailgate lock how you did.