Borla?

willfxp

I've got one. Paid around $450 delivered. Had it on for 2 years and 85K so far. Holding up very nicely. Install was a cake walk. No improvement in low end torque but significant improvement iabove 2200rpm. Fairly quiet when I want but loud enough (that classic Borla sound) when I stomp on it. A little resonance at highway speeds.

Overall I would consider them again.

Thanks for the input. It was just when my friends had F-bodies, all the hype was to get Borla.

Thought maybe Borla did better on F-bodies than trucks.

I'm more concerned with performance. I want to do that I/H/E upgrade. Just doing some research. As long as it doesn't sound like some ricer, I'm good. :D

Thanks.

I've got one. Paid around $450 delivered. Had it on for 2 years and 85K so far. Holding up very nicely. Install was a cake walk. No improvement in low end torque but significant improvement iabove 2200rpm. Fairly quiet when I want but loud enough (that classic Borla sound) when I stomp on it. A little resonance at highway speeds.

Overall I would consider them again.

exactly!!!!

everything he said is dead on...I however think the interior resonance is far less than most of the other kits available

I've got a Borla system on my GMC. It is fairly quiet on the highway with no resonance in the cab whatsoever. When I go uphill or take off from a stop light, it does have some volume, but nothing obnoxious. It went on without a hitch. I had a Gibson system on a '99 that I owned, and was rather disappointed in the noise and cab resonance. It about drove me nuts and was a bit tricky getting on around the spare tire. I paid around $425 for the Borla system, about $275 for the Gibson. If, however, you want that "big block sound" you probably should go with Flowmaster or Magnaflow.

I've got a Borla system on my GMC. It is fairly quiet on the highway with no resonance in the cab whatsoever. When I go uphill or take off from a stop light, it does have some volume, but nothing obnoxious. It went on without a hitch. I had a Gibson system on a '99 that I owned, and was rather disappointed in the noise and cab resonance. It about drove me nuts and was a bit tricky getting on around the spare tire. I paid around $425 for the Borla system, about $275 for the Gibson. If, however, you want that "big block sound" you probably should go with Flowmaster or Magnaflow.

Did you notice any performance gain? That's my concern. Not really about sonud. I'm planning the I/H/E upgrade.

Did I notice any performance gain? Some, especially when putting the pedal to the floor while rolling; such as in passing someone. I also noticed some improvement in taking off from a dead start. I live out in the country, about 3 miles from a major highway. In the morning when I go to work, I have to pull out onto a 65 mph highway from a dead stop. I can get up to 65 mph rather quickly, which I need to do most of the time.

As far as measuring the performance gain, I can't do that. The truck runs great, better than before the Borla.

Archived