Dee Zee FX vs Westin HDX running boards

I'm thinking about adding running boards to my truck and these two caught my eye as they're in the $300 range. My father had the Dee Zees on his 03 2500 but I've yet to see anyone on here with them on a 2014+. I like them because they have a mudflap built in, they're aluminum, and they seal against the body to stop stuff from blasting the side of the truck. I remember them having an old man look but it appears from the single picture I found that they tuck more on this model than my father's. The Westins have a rugged look, they tuck into the body with a drop step, and they have the advantage of having actual reviews. I'm looking for some real world experience, I didn't think I'd miss side steps but every time I get into a truck with them I'm reminded how useful they are.

• 3 months later...

Ended up going with the Dee Zee FX, wish I had pulled the trigger sooner. Very happy with them so far, time will tell how clean they keep the side of my truck.

60658536_851096840047_253458873256090009

60866082_851096805117_477119256970081075

I've had the HDX's now for a couple of weeks and love them. Steps line up perfectly for getting in and out and are plenty big.
I have not researched these at all but seeing your truck I was wondering if you found that there was a full-length running board available rather than just a cab length?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, KJS Sullivan said:

I have not researched these at all but seeing your truck I was wondering if you found that there was a full-length running board available rather than just a cab length?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes, there is a 3 step version that runs wheel to wheel.

• Thanks 1