post removed

I am a very satisfied GM owner who over decades have purchased GM Full-Size SUV's.  Currently I own my fifth which is a 2017 Yukon Denali XL. This vehicle easily and comfortably carries my family of four while towing our boats and gear, 28' race trailer, or all our hunting gear. The ride is smooth and the powerful 6.2L has never let me down in in towing or passing. There are two aspects which GM could address to make me an even happier owner. The first is, trucks with towing capability need to have the Extended View Tow Mirrors option available. I was lucky enough to find cmatt on gm-trucks.com and have him make an adapter wiring harness and provide excellent instruction to add extended view tow mirrors to my Denali. . The second aspect GM could address is providing more full-size SUV options like 3/4 or 1 ton suspension, Allison transmission, and Duramax turbo diesel options. This should be a slam-dunk for management since they would be the first to return to the serious sportsman and trade market segments.

2017 Denali XL, 1A Auto Mirror, left - front (2).jpg

2017 Denali XL, 1A Auto Mirror, left side.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi Elk Hunter,

Sorry so late in responding. I just noticed your post.  Glad you love your Yukon, and thanks for telling us what you like about it. 

Would it be too much trouble to send me a few images of you standing next to your vehicle?  We could include one with your comments.  If you can provide one, here are a few tips:

1. A high resolution photo is best.

2. Please get the entire vehicle in the photo. 

3. Might be best if you stand next to the driver door.

4. If it's not too much trouble, please wear long pants and no hat.

Again, sorry for the late reply, Elk.  Hope to hear from you!

Regards,

Steve

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2019 at 4:02 PM, Stevek364 said:

Hi Elk Hunter,

Sorry so late in responding. I just noticed your post.  Glad you love your Yukon, and thanks for telling us what you like about it. 

Would it be too much trouble to send me a few images of you standing next to your vehicle?  We could include one with your comments.  If you can provide one, here are a few tips:

1. A high resolution photo is best.

2. Please get the entire vehicle in the photo. 

3. Might be best if you stand next to the driver door.

4. If it's not too much trouble, please wear long pants and no hat.

Again, sorry for the late reply, Elk.  Hope to hear from you!

Regards,

Steve

Hello Steve,

The weather finally improved to get out and take a picture of my favorite GM truck so far - 2017 Denali XL. The picture includes my wife (driver) and I (mechanic) at the 2019 Extended Tech Inspection at Rt 66 Dragway. Previous: Currently I own my fifth which is a 2017 Yukon Denali XL. This vehicle easily and comfortably carries my family of four while towing our boats and gear, 28' race trailer, or all our hunting gear. The ride is smooth and the powerful 6.2L has never let me down in in towing or passing. There are two aspects which GM could address to make me an even happier owner. The first is, trucks with towing capability need to have the Extended View Tow Mirrors option available. I was lucky enough to find cmatt on gm-trucks.com and have him make an adapter wiring harness and provide excellent instruction to add extended view tow mirrors to my Denali. . The second aspect GM could address is providing more full-size SUV options like 3/4 or 1 ton suspension, Allison transmission, and Duramax turbo diesel options. This should be a slam-dunk for management since they would be the first to return to the serious sportsman and trade market segments.

2017 GMC Denal XL, MLY, ADY, Rt 66 ET 190331-3.jpg

Hello Steve,

The weather finally improved to get out and take a picture of my favorite GM truck so far - 2017 Denali XL. The picture includes my wife (driver) and I (mechanic) at the 2019 Extended Tech Inspection at Rt 66 Dragway. Previous: Currently I own my fifth which is a 2017 Yukon Denali XL. This vehicle easily and comfortably carries my family of four while towing our boats and gear, 28' race trailer, or all our hunting gear. The ride is smooth and the powerful 6.2L has never let me down in in towing or passing. There are two aspects which GM could address to make me an even happier owner. The first is, trucks with towing capability need to have the Extended View Tow Mirrors option available. I was lucky enough to find cmatt on gm-trucks.com and have him make an adapter wiring harness and provide excellent instruction to add extended view tow mirrors to my Denali. . The second aspect GM could address is providing more full-size SUV options like 3/4 or 1 ton suspension, Allison transmission, and Duramax turbo diesel options. This should be a slam-dunk for management since they would be the first to return to the serious sportsman and trade market segments.

Hi Elk,

Thanks for the nice pic and info. In the interim since my last post, I received a few pics/comments from other owners. So, we are actually all set for now.   If you like, I can keep your info/pic on file and try to use it in the next issue.  Are you OK with that?

Thanks again for your time on this!

Regards,

Steve

On 3/27/2019 at 6:37 AM, sealandsky said:

Steve - I could be interested in participating. I previously leased a 2016 Yukon Denali and just took delivery of a 2019 Yukon Denali.

My 2016 was the best vehicle I'd ever had: Reliable, comfortable, reasonably powerful and I could pack a lot of weekend gear in it! I had to special order it as I wanted the second row bench seat - Not many Denali's with a bench seat around. When I had to turn it in on the lease i decided to replace it with something even better! My 2019 Yukon Denali has all of the options that my 2016 had (including the second row bench seat) but I also added the optional Brembo front brake calipers & rotors and specified the Callaway RPO. The Brembo calipers are great and the Callaway option gives the vehicle a whole new level of power and responsiveness.

I do feel that GM is missing the boat with the large SUV line up though... Building a greater diversity of models off the platform could attract many more customers that are buying other brands: 1) Ultimate performance package (not just paint and badges) with Callaway or Lingenfelter engine options, console shifter, drive mode options, exhaust, brakes, etc. 2) Luxury option. 3) Hauler option (as stated by MT Elk Hunter). 4) ECO option.

Inkedf0915f2e-e7bc-4e3c-88f1-df8644efe562_LI.jpgInked25534b_LI.thumb.jpg.4591db741b7f9919f25f2c2d550154d7.jpg

Hi Seal,

Thanks for reaching out.  We are actually all set for now on Yukon pics, etc.   But, I'll keep yours on file and perhaps we can work it into another issue.

Thanks again!

Steve