Radio-Climate-Headlight-Etc Knobs GMC vs Chevy

robsieb

I am not a huge fan of the crappy plastic looking metallic knobs on the GMC's and see the Chevys have rubber like the last generation. I'm wondering if 1) these can be changed out by just swapping out the entire controller and not having to reprogram the truck. 2) change out just the chrome\rubber part. 3) If either 1 or 2 is possible what the part numbers might be. 4) Does anyone have experience yet in getting access to the back side of the knobs without destroying the plastic (I just haven't had mine long enough to experiment and didn't want to reinvent the wheel if someone already knows how.

• 3 months later...

I'm curious about this as well.  I think the knobs in my GMC are quality, but look like muffin tins to me - too much shine!

If you can't easily replace the knobs, any ideas on wide black rubber bands to wrap around the knobs?  Ideally, ones that match the ribbing of the knob.   

On 1/31/2019 at 12:49 PM, robsieb said:

I am not a huge fan of the crappy plastic looking metallic knobs on the GMC's and see the Chevys have rubber like the last generation. I'm wondering if 1) these can be changed out by just swapping out the entire controller and not having to reprogram the truck. 2) change out just the chrome\rubber part. 3) If either 1 or 2 is possible what the part numbers might be. 4) Does anyone have experience yet in getting access to the back side of the knobs without destroying the plastic (I just haven't had mine long enough to experiment and didn't want to reinvent the wheel if someone already knows how.

The knobs on my Titan were similar and they just pulled right off with a tug. Not sure if these do yet. 

If they do I might be willing to do a straight up trade for the ones on my LTZ if you are interested.