Chevy MyLink (Mind of its own)

I have a 2015 Silverado LT. For the passed few months I have been battling the radio, and the cluster screen. It will switch screens on its own, swipe up and down, change the song, go to NAV without me telling it to, etc. I wanted to see if anyone has had the same problem, and what steps it takes to fix it. Please keep in mind that I am not touching any buttons except when I switch the screen back to where it started. These videos have been taking over the course of several weeks, not all in one day. So the problem remains.

IMG_4240.MOV

IMG_4239 2.MOV

ips-8177546C-7DC6-49FE-BC42-E9607B49A977 3.mp4

I am having a similar issue with my 2016. I have taken it to two different dealerships and they have not resolved the issue. The first one did a software update, didn't fix the problem. The next two visits I was told they couldn't do anything because they couldn't replicate the issue. I hope you have more luck then I did.

I had issues with mine to. It was picking it's own radio stations and cranking the volume up. When I took into the dealer it was blasting Girls just want to have fun and there wasn't a darn thing I could do about it. Uh Boy! :shakehead: It then got to the point it wasn't working at all as I waited for the parts to come in.

Anyway the ended up replacing the entire unit.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 8/21/2020 at 5:57 AM, Lia said:

My 2016 Tahoe , is  changing stations on its own , screen is changing to tune station , going from AM- FM to MEDIA , 

Its driving me crazy any update or way to reset 

Welcome to the site.

Sounds like your HMI module might be failing. Only replaceable, not fixable.

• 1 year later...

@RACERX7775

I am having the same problem with my 17 Silverado 1500 Radio.  You asked if there was any issues with stabili-trac or steering. When parked and idling for a period of time my stabili-trac and ABS light comes on. They go off within seconds of me driving. From what I’ve gathered, it’s do to a small vacuum leak. GM know about the issue as there was a recall where they reprogrammed the hydraulic system to take over at low parking speeds. I never had a problem with any of it until I took my truck in to have the transmission replaced ( under warranty) and they did the recall and reprogramming. My radio problem started about 6-8 months after I got my truck back. It has been getting worse slowly over time. When it starts I go to settings then return to factory settings and restore the radio. Sometimes I need to do this 2 times but it usually stops it for a day or so. Do you think the stabili-track has anything to do with the radio? 

1 hour ago, sguidry78 said:

@RACERX7775

I am having the same problem with my 17 Silverado 1500 Radio.  You asked if there was any issues with stabili-trac or steering. When parked and idling for a period of time my stabili-trac and ABS light comes on. They go off within seconds of me driving. From what I’ve gathered, it’s do to a small vacuum leak. GM know about the issue as there was a recall where they reprogrammed the hydraulic system to take over at low parking speeds. I never had a problem with any of it until I took my truck in to have the transmission replaced ( under warranty) and they did the recall and reprogramming. My radio problem started about 6-8 months after I got my truck back. It has been getting worse slowly over time. When it starts I go to settings then return to factory settings and restore the radio. Sometimes I need to do this 2 times but it usually stops it for a day or so. Do you think the stabili-track has anything to do with the radio? 

I thought the low speed vacuum reprogram was for the vacuum pump for the brakes. I know that I had the flash done on mine and later the vacuum pump failed. I never had any stabilitrack or ABS issues  only extreme hard brake pedal at slower speeds.