Factory 5th wheel prep package

39 minutes ago, willy_usn said:

What hole covers are those??  Bought a 2018 with the factory kit and cant find covers anywhere!

I ordered mine from the local GM dealership, I wasn't sure what the part number was but they were able to pull it up and order them for me.

Great info and pictures!

What diameter holes did you cut to install?

What are the part numbers for the covers?

I just bought a factory hitch off a 2016 Sierra to install on my 2018 Silverado 2500Hd... ready to start.

ToddMc

On 2/11/2020 at 11:44 AM, willy_usn said:

What hole covers are those??  Bought a 2018 with the factory kit and cant find covers anywhere!

I found an extra cap that I had for the smaller holes but I can't find any info on the larger center cap. I traded that truck in on a 2020 so I can't look at the center plug. Attached are pictures of the smaller plug. I'm sure the local dealership could help you out with them.

IMG_0098.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2020 at 6:49 PM, ToddMc said:

I used a 3-7/8" for the large center hole and a 3-1/2" on the smaller holes. I drilled them from the top, on my 2018 the factory put small dimples in the bed for the hole locations which made it pretty simple.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am starting this project now. The part arrived today. However it did not come with any bolts to mount it to the frame. I will be heading back to the dealer tomorrow to get the bolts. I have a 2018 Chevy 3500hd, dually, long bed, 4wd. The part number I got from my dealer is 84164444. As stated before, this does NOT include the new heat shield (which I also for got to get) the mounting bolts or the caps to cover the holes in the bed. I ended up getting mine from gmpartsnow.com. This is a Chevy dealer in Grand Rapids, MI. I found that the biggest difference in price is the shipping charge so shop around.

• 2 months later...

So, I need to remove the factory system in order to install the Turnover Ball / Companion system from B&W.  It looks to me like I can disassemble the Chevy rails under the bed (so I don’t have to lift the bed up 7” as you did to install) but I can’t say for sure.  What do you think?