Neumonic

2015 Silverado Shocks & Struts Upgrade Dilemma

The time has come, I am just over 55,000 miles and I absolutely can't take the factory Rancho's any longer!

I seem to have narrowed it down to the Halo Lift Boss setup or the Fox 2.0 setup, either way I will be doing both front and rear with a rear block that is undetermined to keep my current stance.

Currently have a 1 1/2" lift/leveling in the front using a under strut spacer.

My goal is to have a better performing shock/strut combo that simply does everything better. Pavement, gravel roads and light off-road use.

Anyone that has either system in place, please share your thoughts! I have performed countless searches and read a ton of threads, saw a couple issues with the Fox 2.0 setup in the past but nothing really reported recently. Haven't seen anything negative about the Halo setup but seems too good to be true lol

Not interested in the Bilsteins, don't want the hassle of switching out the factory strut and reusing the factory spring setup, just want to be able to remove and replace with a solid unit ready to install.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback.

Not to add any additional second guessing but have you looked at the eibach pro lift? It’s a bit cheaper than the other two but a definite improvement over the factory. If you have looked at it and decided against it just disregard this message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Codey Dowling said:

Not to add any additional second guessing but have you looked at the eibach pro lift? It’s a bit cheaper than the other two but a definite improvement over the factory. If you have looked at it and decided against it just disregard this message.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Codey,

Thanks for the heads up on these, price point seems good but it still puts me at assembling the struts which I would like to avoid. The 2" lift with the two systems I am looking at is basically my max as I'm not looking to buy new wheels and tires to take full advantage of a higher lift plus the UCA would have to be replaced I believe once you go 2 1/2" higher.

Appreciate you sharing, found some good info on the Eibach's when I searched.

I installed the Eibach Pro Truck Lift kit about a month ago after driving for 3 1/2  years on the Bilstein 5100s on the stock setting with a Zone 2" level kit.  The ride is pretty stiff.  I called Eibach to inquire about the spring rate and their springs are 828# per inch.  10% higher than stock which would put the stock springs around 745# per inch.  I ended up ordering a set of Halo Lift Boss Coilovers. The spring rate on theirs is 700# per in. I got them the other night but they left out the spacers to add the additional 1/2 - 1" of lift.  I emailed them and they called me the next morning to see when I planned on installing the set.  I read several reviews, even the Ford Toytec, and others.  They all had Great things to say about the product but even better things to say about the Customer Service.

I'm anxious to put my set on, and feel the difference between all three sets.  

I installed the Eibach Pro Truck Lift kit about a month ago after driving for 3 1/2  years on the Bilstein 5100s on the stock setting with a Zone 2" level kit.  The ride is pretty stiff.  I called Eibach to inquire about the spring rate and their springs are 828# per inch.  10% higher than stock which would put the stock springs around 745# per inch.  I ended up ordering a set of Halo Lift Boss Coilovers. The spring rate on theirs is 700# per in. I got them the other night but they left out the spacers to add the additional 1/2 - 1" of lift.  I emailed them and they called me the next morning to see when I planned on installing the set.  I read several reviews, even the Ford Toytec, and others.  They all had Great things to say about the product but even better things to say about the Customer Service.

A good review is needed. Thanks for sharing the spring rate that helps allot. One day there will be another strut/shock thread better then bills.

15 hours ago, dcarl said:

Very good info, thank you for sharing!

I am adding Icons to the consideration list even though the Halo lift setup is still the front runner.