SOLD: FS Aftermarket Android Car Stereo

SoCalChris

For sale, an Eonon GA5180 Android car stereo

https://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/Vehicle-Specific-GPS/GA5180.html

This does *not* allow you to connect your phone via Android Auto. It is basically an Android tablet in the form of a double DIN car stereo, with radio, custom fit to the Chevy dashboard.

This was installed in a 2014 Express van, but should also fit:

• 2007-2012 Silverado 1500
  • 2008-2012 Silverado 2500 & 3500
  • 2009-2011 Avalanche
  • 2008+ Express
  • 2008-2012 Impala
  • 2009-2011 Acadia
  • 2008-2011 Yukon
  • 2008-2011 Denali

The good:

• If you like tinkering with electronics, this is the unit for you
  • Allows you to connect to Google Play services, and install apps from the Google Play Store
  • Can connect to your Google account, check email, schedules, etc...
  • Radio works decently
  • Can run any navigation app that you can install on Android
  • There is a thriving community of people modding these things, and making them do all sorts of things that they weren't meant to.
  • Everything is plug and play. The harness will plug directly in to your factory harness without needing to splice anything.
  • Includes the module for warning chimes, and allegedly retains OnStar although I never personally tried it. 
  • Steering wheel controls work
  • The unit is in good cosmetic shape. The screen still has the factory screen protector on it, there are no scratches, cracks or chips.
  • Works with backup camera
  • Everything is included to make this truly plug and play. The radio is included, the GM module interface is included, the speaker for warning chimes is included, the GPS antenna is included. You will need to supply a microphone if you want to use the speakerphone though. Amazon sells these for less than $10 if you want one, it uses a standard connector.
  • You don't have to deal with ordering and shipping from China when buying this, because I already did

The bad:

• If you don't like tinkering with electronics, this is not the unit for you
  • If you're not comfortable configuring Android devices, this isn't the unit for you.
  • It is an old model, the version of Android currently installed on it is 4.2.2 (I think). You may be able to update to a newer version, I know there were people working on that. I just never really dug into it.
  • Because of the age of Android version, some newer versions of some apps may not install on here
  • I was never able to get my turn signal noises to work with this
  • System storage space is limited on here, although there are ways to expand it using the two built in micro SD card slots

What's wrong with it? Why am I getting rid of it? I got used to the Apple CarPlay receiver in our other car, and liked that far better, so replaced it with a high end Kenwood that has that feature.

I would prefer to sell this locally, but am willing to ship if someone wants to pay actually shipping costs. I'm frequently in the LA/OC/IE/SB areas of Southern California and can arrange to meet in most of those areas if needed.

Asking $75

IMG_3107.JPG

If no one locally jumps on the radio, please get me shipping to 85747.

That is southern Arizona. Not to far from Your location.

I'll Paypal you some Moneys.

Edited by Mikebtte

1 hour ago, Mikebtte said:

If you are unable to sell locally, please get me shipping to 85747.

I'll figure out what shipping would be tonight and will let you know. If you're willing to pay the shipping, I don't mind doing it.

• Thanks 1

On 3/19/2019 at 2:18 PM, Mikebtte said:

If no one locally jumps on the radio, please get me shipping to 85747.

Sent PM with shipping, thanks

• SoCalChris changed the title to SOLD: FS Aftermarket Android Car Stereo
  • txab locked this topic