WT seat swap

I like the spartan vinyl seats in my '16 worktruck crewcab.  They seem very durable and supportive.

Other than building material errands, and motorcycle hauling it is used almost exclusively for towing a heavy 5th wheel.  Since the seats are not vertically adjustable my wife doesn't sit high enough in the truck for adequate vision over the hood.  I really want to keep the vinyl seat itself but I was wondering if I could substitute an adjustable seat base from the parts dept or the salvage yard to give her a usable drivers seat.  I've looked at aftermarket seats like Bostrom or Knoedler, but it seems nothing is available for pickups, only medium and heavy duty trucks.  I don't care about the heating or the vent working... just want a vertically adjustable seat, preferable powered.  Pgamboa or Harlech feel free to chime in here.

Edited by M. Slim
added content for clarity of request

I like the spartan vinyl seats in my '16 worktruck crewcab.  They seem very durable and supportive.

Other than building material errands, and motorcycle hauling it is used almost exclusively for towing a heavy 5th wheel.  Since the seats are not vertically adjustable my wife doesn't sit high enough in the truck for adequate vision over the hood.  I really want to keep the vinyl seat itself but I was wondering if I could substitute an adjustable seat base from the parts dept or the salvage yard to give her an usable drivers seat.  I've looked at aftermarket seats like Bostrom or Knoedler, but it seems nothing is available for pickups, only medium and heavy duty trucks.

I don’t remember how much they were but I have seen lift brackets for the seats on eBay. Unless you find salvageable seats that would be a cheaper route imo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

If she is always sitting in the same seat there’s a Ebay seller seating-solutions that sells a set of metal brackets that bolt between the seat and the floor to raise the seat. There’s a couple threads on here somewhere guys are using these. I believe they make a drivers side and a passengers side.

link to Ebay seller you’ll have to find the bracket 

https://www.ebay.com/usr/seating-solutions?_trksid=p2047675.l2559

thread about seat bracket

Here is a thread where a guy with a W/T is adding a lot off LT/LTZ options to his truck including power seat(s). I’ve done some research on this as I might add a power pass seat to my 1/2 ton when I do Katzkins and toying with the idea of replacing my plow truck with a new or newer 3/4 ton W/T there is several variables to each of these including things I really don’t want to get into myself like airbag pressure sensors for one and custom wiring harnesses.

There is a thread on here somewhere where a guy did the base swap on his seat(s) but I can’t find it now. If I remember right his was a manual to power conversion but I don’t remember if he got it all working or not?

Never mind found it start on page 6 of this thread the problem he ran into was with tha air bag sensor since the seat frame he used had heat and his didn’t the sensors were different.

Edited by wforrest08
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

I just swapped from manual to electric and swapped carpet as well. Gm switches the pin out and wiring harness for the base model trucks. No power or ground for the seats. The air bag safety is wired different as well. Had to splice in the old safety wiring and use a old seat position sensor. Easy money if you don't mind a little wiring. You should be able to get a salvage yard seat set and swap the bases.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk