Anyone upgrade their brake pads to Hawk LTS or SD ?

Some back story, I have typically driven sport sedans all my life and even with those, upgraded the brake pads.  

My favorites were always Axxis Metal Masters and more recently Centric Posi Quiet.  Both pads needed the first stop of the drive to “warm up” on a winter day and were ready right away in summer.

Thinking about the Hawk LTS for my 3500 DRW but not sure if I I should consider anything else.  The stock pads stop ok but require more pedal pressure than I’d like.

I used the LTS on my 01 Suburban 8.1L when towing the track car.  Really liked the pedal feel with them and would STOP that truck.  Depending on the need, I'd up to their other pad if towing larger or hauling heavier than ~6000K.  I've been debating on doing the same thing for the new to me truck, but the reason i bought the new truck was so i didn't have to work on it.  go figure.

I’ve never felt that performance pad are worth the money. Your truck weighs three times as much the cars up driven in the pass. I don’t care what pads you put on it’s going to take more petal pressure to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18 hours ago, dozerboy said:

I’ve never felt that performance pad are worth the money. Your truck weighs three times as much the cars up driven in the pass. I don’t care what pads you put on it’s going to take more petal pressure to stop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

really depends on the pad mfg and the pad compounds matched with the job being performed.  most pad mfg's are hearing consumers desires for no dust, hard to do with iron rotors without compromising performance.  I'm still looking for a pad, but will do a couple of towing trips to figure out the compound needed.