Eibach Pro Truck Series Shocks

What am I missing here.  American made, great warranty and off road reputation.  All comparisons say they are equivalent to the Bilstein 5100’s and/or better.  Talk me into going German and why please. 

I tried them and didn't like them.  I had the Bilstein 5100's on my truck with at the stock setting a Zone 2" level kit for 3 1/2 years.  I purchased the Eibach Pro Truck Lift System in December.  It took about 6 weeks to get delivered.  Finally got around to installing it a couple months ago and immediately noticed how much stiffer it was.  I figured new springs might take a while to settle in so I gave it a month and they did settle down a little but still not to my liking.  I mean it so stiff that the only way I could get a semi comfortable ride without feeling everything in the road with my LT285/60R20 tires was to air them down to between 35-38 psi.  I called Eibach to inquire about the spring rate and they told me their springs are 828# (10% above stock which puts the stock spring somewhere around 745#).  

I ended up taking the Eibach kit out and going with Halo Lifts Boss Coilovers and the ride is much improved.  I run my tires at 42 psi and it's comfortable.  For comparison, the Boss Coilover spring is an Eibach rated at 700#.

Another anomaly and I'd have to provide a picture later but when I compared the rear shocks from all three kits (Bilstein, Eibach, and Halo Lifts), the Eibach was the shortest shock of all.  I would have at least expected it to be the same size as the Bilstein.

I'd make you a decent deal on the set I took off with less than 1000 miles, but shipping would be expensive on a 65# box.   

I would be using stock springs, not the Eibach's as that is what I have heard.  Also have a level on my truck and would be using the stock setting on the front.  I am betting just the strut and the OEM spring would be more than comfortable and would be an improved ride I have now with the Rancho's, which BTW have not been bad for me considering how the board feels.  When time to replace, I will do either Eibach or Bilstein.