Steering wheel jerking violently left and right

Treesus

Hey guys, so this just started yesterday while running some errands, the wheel started jerking back and forth hard, truck wasn’t shuddering at all just the wheel, doing 60kmh, well at any speed really. Got it home and parked it in the driveway. Checked the play in the right wheel and it has about a fat 1/8” of play up and down, seems tight right and left and in and out. Not sure what to check next, tie rods look to be ok, only thing I can see is a torn diff boot at the wheel. I can post some pics if that would help

Edited by Treesus
Adding pic

• 4 weeks later...
On 2019-04-14 at 3:04 PM, Treesus said:

Hey guys, so this just started yesterday while running some errands, the wheel started jerking back and forth hard, truck wasn’t shuddering at all just the wheel, doing 60kmh, well at any speed really. Got it home and parked it in the driveway. Checked the play in the right wheel and it has about a fat 1/8” of play up and down, seems tight right and left and in and out. Not sure what to check next, tie rods look to be ok, only thing I can see is a torn diff boot at the wheel. I can post some pics if that would help

Did you ever find resolution for this? 

Yes, i did respond but it must have crossed posted to a different topic. I had the axels changed (both front) and my truck drives like new, well almost.  

9 hours ago, Treesus said:

Yes, i did respond but it must have crossed posted to a different topic. I had the axels changed (both front) and my truck drives like new, well almost.  

Good to hear! 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.