Electric Motor noise when opening the door.

First time that I ever noticed it was the first trip out to the ranch.  Scared the crap out of me, thought I had a snake hissing at me under my truck for a second, then realized it sounded too mechanical.

As has been said, fuel pump priming.  

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Seems to me GM could have done a better job at keeping things quiet so customers don't freak out from sounds when opening doors and such.  There are plenty of other makes and models out there that are quiet that run the same high pressure fuel setup as our trucks.

On 4/15/2021 at 1:00 PM, Black02Silverado said:

Seems to me GM could have done a better job at keeping things quiet so customers don't freak out from sounds when opening doors and such.  There are plenty of other makes and models out there that are quiet that run the same high pressure fuel setup as our trucks.

We have a Toyota RAV4 hybrid that sounds like a pinball machine when you open the driver's door.  Whirring and clunking goes on for more than 30 seconds.  The GM sound is minor in comparison.

Edited by SRNicholson