Rear brake clicking?

So today I noticed that when I’m at a complete stop and I push my brake pedal all the way down I get a minor clicking noise. I just had the brakes done about 10k miles or so, maybe less. They work great I’m just curious if it’s possibly the cable needing lube or if it’s a serious issue.

anyone else ever had this or have a thought of what it could be? It only happens when the truck is completely stopped and I fully press the brake pedal down can I hear the click click click. I have to keep my window down, ac off and radio off to hear it.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 6/14/2019 at 11:59 AM, texasaggies16 said:

So today I noticed that when I’m at a complete stop and I push my brake pedal all the way down I get a minor clicking noise. I just had the brakes done about 10k miles or so, maybe less. They work great I’m just curious if it’s possibly the cable needing lube or if it’s a serious issue.

anyone else ever had this or have a thought of what it could be? It only happens when the truck is completely stopped and I fully press the brake pedal down can I hear the click click click. I have to keep my window down, ac off and radio off to hear it.

tech for gmc here. alot of the time what i have found is there is a noise coming from inside the caliper it self. if you want to verify this. have someone press the brakes on and off while you lay with your ear near the rear brakes and see if you hear the nose coming from the caliper. can be right or left, or both. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2019 at 1:23 PM, jay webb said:

tech for gmc here. alot of the time what i have found is there is a noise coming from inside the caliper it self. if you want to verify this. have someone press the brakes on and off while you lay with your ear near the rear brakes and see if you hear the nose coming from the caliper. can be right or left, or both. 

What’s the fix?