Throttle lag?

Hi, I’m new here so sorry if I’m in the wrong page but I have a 2004 Silverado 1500 2wd 4.8 and it feels like I have the worst throttle lag in the world but it’s only coming from a dead stop if I’m already moving over 15 mph then it feels fine but if I’m at a dead stop and floor it all the way it takes a full second for the Rpms to even move and then it crawls till about 15mph and then it hits 4,000 rpms then it’s flys like normal. This truck is pretty new to me and I used to have the same truck with a 5.3 and that one felt fine I would Chris the tires if I floored it that one. I thought the hp and torque difference was fairly small between them. But if you guys could help me out that would be awesome thanks.

Throttle body clean? Plugs been changed! Air filter? Spark plug wires? Fuel injection cleaning? Air conditioning on or off during this time? Many variables can affect this. I have a 04 4.8 with 128k miles on it and mine runs fine except for the knock sensor and a couple trans cooler line oil leaks.

IF you got it and don't know the history and plan on using it as a daily I'd have the transmission oil changed, transfer case oil change, rear axle diff oil change, oil change on vehicle.

Part of the downside of buying used is you don't know the history but checking big things like front wheel bearings, brakes, rotors and a vehicle inspection can save you some money, get you a discounted price or steer you clear of someone else's problem.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

So I just went and checked and it is using 1st gear for sure. And I’ll check real soon about the plugs and get back. The wires look fine and the air filter looks new. I’ll check the injectors probably last. And it doesn’t matter if the ac is on or off.