Code P06DC at 49000 miles 2014 Silverado 5.3

Hello this is my first time posting and I hope you all can help, just popped a P06DC code after filling up at gas station, I've had a few people say oil pump solenoid(Which is behind timing chain cover UGH) or oil sending unit behind motor. My trucks a 2014 5.3 4x4 with 49,108 miles on it. Any help would be great thanks, bout to leave on vacation pulling a camper in a week so I'm looking to take care of this asap. Thanks

That code is almost always the oil pressure control solenoid. It can be a wiring issue, oil pressure issue or dirty/low oil issue.  It is a big job to replace it.

Take a deep breath.

Have you replaced the battery in your truck yet? I would expect that you have, given it's a 2014. My '14 battery died without warning at 3 years, but I see on here that people with '14s are just now seeing battery failure.

I live in Central Florida, it's hot as hell and does some severe punishment to batteries, but cooler climates tend to make them last longer. I've had Duralast batteries last 6 years, and GM ones last for 2.

If you haven't changed your battery yet, try it and see before you panic. Worn batteries make these trucks do some strange things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Take a deep breath.

Have you replaced the battery in your truck yet? I would expect that you have, given it's a 2014. My '14 battery died without warning at 3 years, but I see on here that people with '14s are just now seeing battery failure.

I live in Central Florida, it's hot as hell and does some severe punishment to batteries, but cooler climates tend to make them last longer. I've had Duralast batteries last 6 years, and GM ones last for 2.

If you haven't changed your battery yet, try it and see before you panic. Worn batteries make these trucks do some strange things.

Battery replaced with ac delco 3 weeks prior to light coming on

Two options.  I see a PI for a harness chaffing at the vacuum pump that can set that code, but stands a chance setting lots of others as well.

So lets assume the worst of the two, the pressure control solenoid.  That involves replacing the oil pump as the sensor is not serviced separately.  Right about a 12 hour job. 

Change the oil to a thicker oil. Problem solved.
But what about AFM? If you put more pressure on the lifter, your engine will shoot the pushrods like bottle rockets. I saw it happen in Area 51 during a 1976 prototype test. And at the same time, the technician's wife was having an affair with a three-star general. They know about the aliens, they're just not telling.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/10/2019 at 10:33 AM, Eddie Mize said:

Ok so after the GM diagnosis(2hrs 45min) they say its ECM and part is ordered, covered 100% even the diagnosis since it falls under the 80,000 mile emissions warranty.  

I had the same code pop up on me last week? Do you have a tune on your truck. Would hate for mine to get denied because of a custom tune.