How to extend accessory mode radio play?

I like to listen to the truck radio in the yard and at hunting camp.  This new truck only allows about 8-10 minutes of radio.  The 2013 I had would play until it sensed low battery then shut off.  What gives?

I thought if you turned the key to the on position the radio would stay on indefinitely.  I know it shuts off if you’re just sitting in the truck and you’ve turned off the key.  But are you saying you only get 10 minutes even with the key turned?

Oh you have push button start.

My son in law has push button start on his Impala.  One day the battery went bad.  He was stuck at a gas station pump.  I got there to help him and figured we should just go get a new battery.  I didn’t have jumper cables handy and the store was close.  So, I told him to put the car in neutral and we’d push it away from the pump and go get a battery.  Guess what, no power, no way to put the car in neutral.  There is a process to get the car in neutral, but at this point it was easier to just call road service and get a jump.  That’s a long story to say that if you have push button start, read your manual and figure out how to get your car/truck into neutral manually.  I don’t recall how to do it, but I think you need a screwdriver.  Whatever tool it takes, you should have one in the vehicle and know how to do this.

Edited by GN2018