2020 is 10k more than 2019 denali

So I am starting think that the press release About them lowering to starting price of sle trim was to distract us from the 10k increase to the Denali trim. I’m starting to see dealer lots listing their incoming stock. Lots of Denali and at4’s. Most have an msrp of 80-83 grand. That’s almost 14% up from last gen. I get that top trims will cost more but does the new Denali have 10k more than the last Denali. And we can’t say that it’s stronger and bigger and tows more because the new slt/sle/work truck’s are stronger, bigger and tows more. I guess 10k is the going rate for integrated tpms, 15 cameras and a heads up display. 

Will they sell at the new price?  I think so.  If nobody buys them the price will come down.  But I've got suspicion that they will still sell.  I'm sure there are exceptions, but the guys I know that drive Denalis aren't going to sweat an extra 10k.  The guys that I know that would drive an sle are more likely to leave their fords and dodges to save some money with the sle.  

• Like 1

GM's already discussed the possibility of a $100k truck, some people will buy it and others will laugh at those that do. My friend has a 2018 Denali with most the options available and he's already ordered a 2020 just to have the new one. IMO the new 2020 left side controls and center stack look cheap like an entry level Ram. Either way, they'll sell at MSRP because it's something new and shines but after 6 months the rebates and discounts will start.

• Like 1