New Member - 1988 Chevrolet C70 Kodiak

How's it going. My name is Mark [Hi, Mark], and I am an alcoh ... I am a new member here. I came here to find out more about what exactly I now own, learn as much as I can about it, and overall just hang out with other GM truck enthusiasts.
A little about myself. I am 35, married, with a very high energy two year old. I am the owner of Raging Bull Transport out of Newington, CT. Been in the transport industry for five years now. Decided a month ago to branch out on my own, and put my name on the door of a truck for once. Hobbies, when I have time, include tinkering on the few projects I bring home from time to time; fishing, video games, and meets.

Alright, enough about me. Let's move onto the meat and bones of why I'm here in the first place: my truck. I own a 1988 Chevrolet C70 Kodiak, "Big Red" ... She has a Detroit Diesel 8.2L "Fuel Pincher Turbo-diesel engine mated with a Eaton Fuller six-speed manual transmission. She is a medium duty truck, weighing in at a hefty 20,500 lbs, with 19k lb rear axle. She has, what appears to be, a very weak attempt at a sleeper bunk, if you enjoy sleeping in a coffin. Dual 50 gal fuel tanks with a 25 gal reserve, gooseneck setup on a wooden flatbed, and rear hitch setup with a Class IV mount and receiver. And that's about all I know about her. I bought her for my company, and looking forward to building her as I go.

Okay, then. That's about it from me. See ya around.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, derangedtrucker said:

Eventually, I would like to have both setups on the truck.

Cool, neat to see antique still in service and making money.  Just be sure she doesn't run afoul of environmental laws in your state or wherever you plan to operate from.  My buddy's Freightliner with its "old" Series 60 DDC engine was running up against California's laws and I think Canada's laws which helped him decide to sell the truck and retire.

11 hours ago, swathdiver said:

Cool, neat to see antique still in service and making money.  Just be sure she doesn't run afoul of environmental laws in your state or wherever you plan to operate from.  My buddy's Freightliner with its "old" Series 60 DDC engine was running up against California's laws and I think Canada's laws which helped him decide to sell the truck and retire.

Thanks. She's a good truck. I actually do not run in California, specifically because of their stringent laws and regulations for trucks. It is far too much of a headache for such little pay. The only problems I foresee later on as time goes on, is if they ever decide, as a Nation, to make DEF mandatory.

11 hours ago, SqueakyBoot said:

Welcome to the forum.  What a cool truck!  I wouldn't mind seeing some more pictures of that beast.

I plan on it as soon as she's back out of the shop. Currently getting her wooden bed redone.

11 hours ago, txab said:

Welcome.

I see you have a thread about your truck already. Perhaps someone can help him out.

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/225790-seeking-answers-to-random-questions-88-c70/?tab=comments#comment-2276035

Yes, I do. I appreciate the add-on.

11 hours ago, Colossus said:

Welcome. 

Thank you

• Like 1