1995 Chevrolet k2500 speed buffer.

ronrymanr

Question

pulled the buffer from the dash area. the small female connection in the pic has no plug in it. am I missing this plug? I cannot find one in the dash to plug into the buffer? Is this space supposed to be empty??? Im going to auto parts store to see if I can find a replacement. Its a Cheyenne with the 5.7 liter 350. With shifting loss. and loss of speedo only. thank you for continued support.28928a254c5a1a688ce5e939c34cec55.jpg4a12a569a93ba43be11462ab1eba0b5d.jpg

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

6 answers to this question

Yes 4x4. where are they located the transfer case and ??

If you're losing speedometer and have erratic shifting, the most common culprit is a bad vehicle speed sensor. Is your truck 2WD or 4WD?

Yes 4x4. where are they located the transfer case and ??

The P.O. had plow lights grounded using the abs ground wire. would front wheel sensor failure cause a non shift condition and no speedometer reading? My question about the speed buffer the info I have located is that the small 4 pin plug in pic is not used is that correct??

When I do a search for a replacement buffer the letters PYU are for a 95 k1500 is this a concern? I purchased a vss for a 1998 high milage Durango with RWABrakes. Does this 95 k 2500 have a speed sensor on the rear Differential as well as the transfer case ? or is there one on top of the transmission? I will replace the one on the tail of the transfer case first
Im having trouble getting the plastic buffer snapped back in place. Any. experience with placement?thank you. I see the multitude of questions your trying to weed through so please forgive my inability to work one issue at a time[emoji223]

The P.O. had plow lights grounded using the abs ground wire. would front wheel sensor failure cause a non shift condition and no speedometer reading? My question about the speed buffer the info I have located is that the small 4 pin plug in pic is not used is that correct??

If you're losing speedometer and have erratic shifting, the most common culprit is a bad vehicle speed sensor. Is your truck 2WD or 4WD?
Greetings I replaced the VSS on the transfer case w/ a Napa replacement. Still having the same issue. wires looking ok. any other thoughts welcome?