Safe boost/hp numbers for l83 6speed

I'm sure it's been answered many times over....but just trying to get some input/opinions on what a "safe" number is for boost and hp on l83. I have a 2016 Silverado crew cab 5.3 4x4. In the spring I will be getting lt4 supercharger kit installed ,and also wanted to add lt4 fuel system so I can keep running e85. I can also do more boost with pulley upgrade . I think I can get to 450-480 ish at the wheels from what I was told if I keep e85 and up the boost. I believe pulley in the kit provides 5-7lbs.  

19 minutes ago, Janderson 77 said:

I'm sure it's been answered many times over....but just trying to get some input/opinions on what a "safe" number is for boost and hp on l83. I have a 2016 Silverado crew cab 5.3 4x4. In the spring I will be getting lt4 supercharger kit installed ,and also wanted to add lt4 fuel system so I can keep running e85. I can also do more boost with pulley upgrade . I think I can get to 450-480 ish at the wheels from what I was told if I keep e85 and up the boost. I believe pulley in the kit provides 5-7lbs.  

You're fine. Also I'm getting the same kit. These transmissions stock from everyone I know are pretty good up to about 650 700 hp. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

i JUST GOT A NEW 2019 LT4 BLOWER AND I AM WORRIED THE PULLEY IS NOT OUT FAR ENOUGH FOR MY L83 SILVERADO. ALSO IT IS THE DRY SUMP WITH THE BIG LID AND IT LOOKS LIKE IT WILL BE VERY CLOSE TO HITTING THE FIREWALL VENT AS MY STOCK INTAKE ONLY HAS ABOUT 1.5" CLEARANCE NOW.

ANYONE DONE THE SWAP WITH THE DRY SUMP UNIT YET ?

ICT BILLET HAS THE IDLER SETUP BUT SAYS YOU NEED A AFTERMARKET PULLEY FOR THE BLOWER TO WORK AND LSA CONVERSIONS SAYS THE BIG LID WONT FIT SO I AM NOT SURE IF I GOT A NEW BLOWER THAT I CANT USE OR NOT??