Over 100k and starting to tow rv trailer

Hey all, been a wicked long time since i checked in. But I just bought a 29' (7600lb gvw 5500lb dry) travel trailer and was wondering if there is any essential things i need to do/have to tow the thing around.

I towed it home about 35 miles and the temp crept a little over 210 on the gauge when i was going uphill but came right back down after the hill. I was wondering if that is normal? I did the thermostat and coolant flush back in march/April. Just turned 101k so maybe water pump time? 

Any feedback from guys that tow would be helpful, as i have never towed with the truck in 5 years. 

Normal.

Do more frequent fluid changes IMO.

Oil, coolant, trans, differentials.

Have the trans and diffs fluids been changed?

:)

Edited by diyer2
  • Like 1

have not done trans fluids yet, it is was on the list for this year once i got to 100k. I can drop the diff fluid pretty quickly. but maybe want a pro to do the trans fluid.

thanks mike

are you talking about trans pan? the trans never went above 196 which is where it has stayed the entire time i have owned the truck. The coolant was the only thing that crept up a little above the normal 210. 

You mean just putting in a lower temp thermostat, when you say mod? 

• Like 1