2003 5.3 power

Hello I have a 2003 silverado 5.3 and I want to know what can I do to my truck to give it some power  performance wise ...please let me know what you guys have done also I want to get a small cam on it something where the noise is not noticeable but will give some power

Take a few days and read. There are tons of threads on here and sites like performancetrucks.net.

Your pocket book is going to determine what you really want to do.

Anything from an intake, long tube headers, cat-back exhaust for sound. Lots of small camshaft options out there, too hard to say what one to go with. Some require extra parts and or need/want them anyway like valve springs, new lifters, pushrods, rocker arm upgrades. Larger injectors depending upon power goals and of course a custom tune is needed.

It's better to have a power goal and a budget and work with that.

• Thanks 1

From all my research on the performance cams, understand you will lose low end torque and make gains at the high end.

I gave up on "performance power" because I wanted all my gains in the area under 2,500rpms.   I never lay my foot on the gas and go 4,000 rpms or higher.   Also, because its my daily driver I dont want to lose MPG.  GM did a good job ensuring the stock cams gave as much torque as possible for grandma drivers like me.

Also consider something like modifying your gear ratio to increase "power".   Something as simple as that and matching the right wheel/tire with it can get you a big boost without sacrificing too much. 

Identify your performance goals and then conduct your search.