rcdlr location

3 hours ago, KennyMcCormick18 said:

I have an issue with my door locks too I have figured out it is only when it's around a certain vehicle it effects two different GM vehicles at my house so far there is no tpsm issues but the car effecting it does have a tpsm issue. Not sure if this helps but could give you something else to look at. 

Oh My God! They killed Kenny, you Bastards!

Someone had to be the first......

14 minutes ago, KennyMcCormick18 said:

Haha I don't get that near as much as I did 20 years ago when I made the screen name. 

There are still diehards out there like myself, have a stack of dvd's that I need to sit down and watch someday.

• 1 year later...

I'm having a problem with my 2015 GMC Sierra HD.  The Remote Control door lock and start no longer function.  The Tire Monitoring system no longer functions.  I've purchased a receiver from my GM dealer with the assumption that the original receiver has failed.  After reading this line of comments, I'm a bit depressed that no one has found success solving their problem.

I was happy to find this line of commentary just to find our where to locate the receiver.  I'll work on exchanging the receiver this afternoon and see if that fixes my problem.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Same issue here.

Watching for someone to have found the location of the issue.

I found a service bulletin of the same issue on newer models of Chevys.  In the bulletin, they describe the intermittent problem (like I have) means the trouble is closer to the "antenna amplifier module" .. but looking at the diagram on my phone doesn't make the location clear.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2017/MC-10139215-9999.pdf

I will go poking around and report back if I find anything.

• 1 year later...

Finally got mine fixed. 

My truck is a 2014 Silverado double cab with the 4.3 V6.

Neither my key fob nor my TPMS would work. I replaced the RCDLR and that didn't work. Followed some wires and didn't see anything broken, so I took it to a good mechanic. They found that there was no power going to the RCDLR, so the first thought was a broken wire somewhere in the wire harness. Normally the fractured wire would be under the door sill where people step to get in and out of trucks - that seems to be where most broken wires are found.

There was no breaks there so they traced the wires to the BCM and there was no power coming through BCM on those pins. Decided to replace the BCM before more things started to fail in it since they only ever fail in one direction. Power was now going from the BCM to the RCDLR, but still wouldn't work. 

After a lot more diagnosing and time they finally found that the shark fin antenna had been leaking. That is par for the course on these vehicles, but doesn't normally cause critical issues it seems. There was never any wet spots on the headliner in the cab, so I never noticed that it even had a leak unfortunately.

They found that the leaking water was getting into the connectors and causing issues with power going to and from that particular cluster in the BCM. Those 20 or so wires had corroded badly and were causing incorrect voltages, arcing issues and other problems around the BCM. If the truck was suffering with just a lack of key fob and TPMS I would not have fixed it, because it was a stupid amount of money to spend on an 'accessory'. I would have just replaced the leaking antenna myself and sealed it better. Since I didn't want to cook my new BCM or cause any more damage down the line where the truck may just not start anymore, I asked them to go ahead and fix it. 

They basically bypassed the corroded connector X225 near the BCM, replaced the antenna and sealed it better, and replaced/cut back any corroded wires so that they are clean and don't cause any more shorts or arcs. 

This fixed the key fob and TPMS issues thank the Lord.

Only took about 10 months and way too much money to figure out, but I hope this saves someone money and time down the line.