rcdlr location

I've spent some time on google and youtube looking for this answer, but apparently I'm the only one who experiences this issue.  My remote control and tpms arent working so I've purchased a new rcdlr from Chevrolet, but I cant seem to determine where it's located.  Someone mentioned previously it should be under the headliner?  Okay, that sucks, but lets get after it...but where?  

Can someone point me to the correct location, a helpful how-to link or anything of the like?

remove interior panels and pull down on headliner?  have any information on ways to access without damaging other components in the process?  I'm decently mechanically inclined, just havent taken apart interior on this truck.  I would imagine two rear sail panels need to be removed and then hopefully headliner will be free enough to access.  

I appreciate your response.

you are correct.  I pulled the upper panel on the passenger rearmost pillar.  I also removed the grab handle for safe measure.  Simply pull down on the headliner and there it was.  Replaced the unit, to no avail.  I still do not have remote control availability.  I'll look and see if there's an "at home" programming capability.  If not, I'll have the dealer figure this mess out when I take it in for power steering recall.  

Thanks for your help

Some more info if it will help.

Remote Control Door Lock Receiver Programming and Setup
Diagnostic Aids

The remote control door lock receiver only functions as an antenna, receiving the signals sent by the keyless entry transmitter and forwarding them to the body control module (BCM). The keyless entry software is contained wholly within the BCM.

Replace and Program ECU or Reprogram ECU

This ECU does not require SPS programming or any setup procedures.

RCDLR.pdf

Edited by tbarn

took truck to dealer this morning.  Setup for power steering recall as well as try to get rcdlr working.  Attempting to program new rcdlr receiver/antenna module to no avail it was decided to also replace the BCM.  I made the judgement call to skip the diagnostics and replace the BCM.  This also did not work.  Will return to dealer at a later date to diag electical.  Tech checked fuses and all is well there so somewhere along the wiring we have an issue.  Not what I was hoping for.  

Will update in the future when a determination is made.

• 1 month later...

I have done some research on several websites of forums. At the bottom line, they all ended up with the dealers saying it got a “bad connection” somewhere a long the line, so I’m assuming that it’s got damage wires somewhere from the RDLCR to the BCM, I just haven’t figured out where it is actually damaged. I have checked  all the connections from the receiver up to the door sill front passenger and all was good, so somewhere up on the dashboard is what I’m thinking ?  

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2019 at 12:21 PM, ksenter said:

took truck to dealer this morning.  Setup for power steering recall as well as try to get rcdlr working.  Attempting to program new rcdlr receiver/antenna module to no avail it was decided to also replace the BCM.  I made the judgement call to skip the diagnostics and replace the BCM.  This also did not work.  Will return to dealer at a later date to diag electical.  Tech checked fuses and all is well there so somewhere along the wiring we have an issue.  Not what I was hoping for.  

Will update in the future when a determination is made.

Any update here? I’m having the exact same issues on my 2016

On 10/23/2019 at 12:51 AM, Ben Nguyen said:

I have done some research on several websites of forums. At the bottom line, they all ended up with the dealers saying it got a “bad connection” somewhere a long the line, so I’m assuming that it’s got damage wires somewhere from the RDLCR to the BCM, I just haven’t figured out where it is actually damaged. I have checked  all the connections from the receiver up to the door sill front passenger and all was good, so somewhere up on the dashboard is what I’m thinking ?  

Any updates on a fix here? 

I have an issue with my door locks too I have figured out it is only when it's around a certain vehicle it effects two different GM vehicles at my house so far there is no tpsm issues but the car effecting it does have a tpsm issue. Not sure if this helps but could give you something else to look at.