Has anyone installed a factory DVD player into the head unit?

I have a 2014 Sierra Denali with factory CD player and my link head unit display. I see that companies offer to sell you a DVD player and wiring harness for this option but it costs a lot of gold. Was wondering if anyone had any insight into doing this mod. What all would be needed? Is it even doable on an old 2014 truck that didnt come with factory DVD player??

511ovIzStKL._SX425_.jpg

14 minutes ago, Vulcan762 said:

I have a 2014 Sierra Denali with factory CD player and my link head unit display. I see that companies offer to sell you a DVD player and wiring harness for this option but it costs a lot of gold. Was wondering if anyone had any insight into doing this mod. What all would be needed? Is it even doable on an old 2014 truck that didnt come with factory DVD player??

511ovIzStKL._SX425_.jpg

I just use a usb stick but I have my hmi unlocked so I can watch videos in motion “it’s good when my kids are in the truck” ?? but I wouldn’t mind swapping my CD player for a DVD player 

C4ED08A2-841A-4C31-BE00-6374610F361F.jpeg

20 hours ago, Frankielozano214 said:

I just use a usb stick but I have my hmi unlocked so I can watch videos in motion “it’s good when my kids are in the truck” ?? but I wouldn’t mind swapping my CD player for a DVD player 

C4ED08A2-841A-4C31-BE00-6374610F361F.jpeg

woa...please tell me more! You plug a usb drive into one of the ports - but how do you get the video to play?

Edited by Golfguy1996

19 minutes ago, Golfguy1996 said:

woa...please tell me more! You plug a usb drive into one of the ports - but how do you get the video to play?

? you just press the media button, I had my hmi module unlocked so I have video in motion, navigation in motion and camera in motion if your hmi isn’t unlocked your truck would have to be in park to watch a video. Really nice upgrade if u ask me hit up WAMS unlocking is 199$ I believe and 50$ for the lates maps “2019” not for sure on price so please don’t take my word ? 

Edited by Frankielozano214