Trailer plug Small one

I put a test light on 5 prong plug on rear bomber,  I have juice on Left blinker, juice on Right  blinker brake lights work , I got NOTHING  on parking  lights !!! Who has run across  this ??? I had a F 250 for 15 years NOTHING ever happened  at bumber plug it was always  the boat or snowmobile  trailer ,THIS time seems the truck is the problem  ! What's the fix ?? THANKS  Guys 

Gotta be careful with probing the small trailer light receptacle. If you short them to ground, you'll burn a fuse. I've never understood people doing that. Plug the trailer in and check it that way. You have to check the trailer's lights anyways. 2 birds with 1 stone. Uhaul did that to me 2 weeks after I bought my new truck.

Their insurance company paid me $400 for that little f-up shoving a damn probe in there.

Check your fuse block. I believe that your fuses for your lights are under the hood, driver's side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Like stated above check the fuse under the hood. I have blown #15 at least 6 times hooking up my utility trailer cause I can’t seam to remember with this truck if the lights are on it blows when I hook it up if the lights are off it’s fine... every other truck I’ve own/owned I’ve never had this problem? I now keep 10 extra 20amp minis stashed in the box for these occasions. I’m guessing you probably blew it when you checked it if you had the lights on.

This is direct from etrailers site location of trailer fuses 

If you are looking for the fuses on your 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 that are tied to your trailer wiring then those will be in the fuse box in the engine compartment. You can find this information as well as a list of what all the fuses are tied to in your copy of your owner's manual.

1 - Trailer Brake
2 - Trailer Battery
14 - Trailer Stop/Turn Lamps, Left
15 - Trailer Parking Lamps
16 - Trailer Back-up Lamp
17 - Trailer Stop/Turn Lamps, Right
64 (Relay) - Trailer Parking Lamps

8 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

Gotta be careful with probing the small trailer light receptacle. If you short them to ground, you'll burn a fuse. I've never understood people doing that. Plug the trailer in and check it that way. You have to check the trailer's lights anyways. 2 birds with 1 stone. Uhaul did that to me 2 weeks after I bought my new truck.

Their insurance company paid me $400 for that little f-up shoving a damn probe in there.

Check your fuse block. I believe that your fuses for your lights are under the hood, driver's side.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727A using Tapatalk

Good point I was thinking that but then forgot  !  I had trailer plugged in it had nothing, I played  with ground a bit and got blinkers to work on trailer just like truck. That could  be it ,I will check today ! TY

7 hours ago, wforrest08 said:

Like stated above check the fuse under the hood. I have blown #15 at least 6 times hooking up my utility trailer cause I can’t seam to remember with this truck if the lights are on it blows when I hook it up if the lights are off it’s fine... every other truck I’ve own/owned I’ve never had this problem? I now keep 10 extra 20amp minis stashed in the box for these occasions. I’m guessing you probably blew it when you checked it if you had the lights on.

This is direct from etrailers site location of trailer fuses 

If you are looking for the fuses on your 2015 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 that are tied to your trailer wiring then those will be in the fuse box in the engine compartment. You can find this information as well as a list of what all the fuses are tied to in your copy of your owner's manual.

1 - Trailer Brake
2 - Trailer Battery
14 - Trailer Stop/Turn Lamps, Left
15 - Trailer Parking Lamps
16 - Trailer Back-up Lamp
17 - Trailer Stop/Turn Lamps, Right
64 (Relay) - Trailer Parking Lamps

Thanks Bud, these forums are great.

• Like 1

On 9/21/2019 at 5:18 AM, Snowmobile Mike said:

20 amp fuse was blown !!! TY Is there any spares on The truck ??? Gonna go get some fuses !!✌??

There are spares behind the left dash fuse panel cover.  (may or may not be the right type/size).