Baseline Dyno

Took my 2019 1500 Denali 6.2 and had it baseline dyno'd and was surprised.... but maybe not.

First off, I have a stock set up with the exception of 35 inch tires on stock 22 inch wheels.

When its was first pulled on the dyno, immediately, the check engine light came on.... then a bunch if other warnings lit up. Should this be expected???

The dyno guy got out of it on all of the runs because he was worried about the truck coming off the rollers with the oversized tires and the possible slippage with the knobby tires.

What do yall think? This looks extremely low to me, but maybe the oversized tire weight are causing the huge difference in my expected HP, which I believe should be around 365 to 375.

PR d420cc84297aae58482bfc6829cc5a36.jpg00f0c4ce91b553b2584b8b3c516cb4fb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Sounds like they are new at running on a dyno.  The fact that you can't tune these yet, when I had mine on the dyno, the individual had a hard time keeping it in gear since they can't hook up to the computer to control it.  So every time he would accelerate it wanted to downshift.  It was a fine line from that point on to keep the runs the same.  At least that is the way they explained it to me.

I had it on the dyno to see the difference between a stock set up and then I installed the GM CAI and had it on the dyno again that same day after the dealer flashed the computer from installing the CAI.  Out of the 5 different pulls it was hard to get it to be the same, if that makes sense and it showed that it actually lost hp and tq.  Not much but it didn't increase.  Also keep in mind, I disconnected the battery and so it reset everything.  I would like to get it back on the dyno but until we can tune these it really isn't worth it.

Forgot to mention that once they can tune then they can turn off everything like traction control and stabilitrac 100% to where it will not effect the run.

Edited by Black02Silverado

Sounds like they are new at running on a dyno.  The fact that you can't tune these yet, when I had mine on the dyno, the individual had a hard time keeping it in gear since they can't hook up to the computer to control it.  So every time he would accelerate it wanted to downshift.  It was a fine line from that point on to keep the runs the same.  At least that is the way they explained it to me.

I had it on the dyno to see the difference between a stock set up and then I installed the GM CAI and had it on the dyno again that same day after the dealer flashed the computer from installing the CAI.  Out of the 5 different pulls it was hard to get it to be the same, if that makes sense and it showed that it actually lost hp and tq.  Not much but it didn't increase.  Also keep in mind, I disconnected the battery and so it reset everything.  I would like to get it back on the dyno but until we can tune these it really isn't worth it.

Forgot to mention that once they can tune then they can turn off everything like traction control and stabilitrac 100% to where it will not effect the run.
Thanks for the insight. This wasnt his first rodeo that's for certain. Lots of race cars under his belt.

May be new to an oversized truck on his machine though.

PR

6 minutes ago, rosepaule said:

Thanks for the insight. This wasnt his first rodeo that's for certain. Lots of race cars under his belt.

May be new to an oversized truck on his machine though.

PR

Yeah, the place that did mine just had an F250 gas on the dyno with 40's.  The tires were screaming.  It put down 500rwhp.  Crazy mods from what they told me.

• Like 1

The tires surely hurt it and as said not being able to hold it in 5th or 6th gear isn't helping. You'd likely run into a speed limiter issue even if you could.

Pulling the ABS fuse should stop the TC/ST issues. You can't tune those out of the computer just an FYI, even in the past K2XX we can't tune anything ABS/BCM system related. The best we have in the button in the cab to "turn it off".

I woulda said maybe 325-340 with those tires.

• Like 1