Trailer brakes

I have a 2016 Silverado 1500

Im hooking up the trailer brake I decided to go with the factory switch which is located left side above the headlight. 4x4 switches 

The switch is # 84109447

i have the wire which came with the truck # 23184088 which has 4 wires  and plugs into the fuse panel     I purchased # 13576542 From Chevy which plugs into the switch and it has eight wires I cannot find any directions as to how to connect the wires in  which order. Does anybody have any information on this

AA15BDC9-941C-4480-8C3A-473A0F7BA076.png

E1301541-CC91-4FD9-9F5F-7813170737A0.jpeg

47014D8F-D5D7-441E-8454-1DB0160913C2.jpeg

Thank you I do believe it is a dealer fix just checking to see if someone knew anything that I didn’t
Well that is phill gamboa. As he makes and sells the harness and knows of the programming or white audio. But last I read this was not a option at all. Hope I am incorrect on that.
Also just a note there are better trailer brakes that have nice small control knobs that you can buy a different trim panel and just mount it in. If this doesn't pan out.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

ditto, if you search, is seems generally agreed on that you can't add the factory brake controller after the fact, you need to go aftermarket. 

If you find a way to make this work, you may be the first.

Just get a Prodigy 3 and a harness off of Amazon for a fast and easy plug and play setup.  One end of the harness plugs right into the firewall connector and the other end into the controller, so no need to use the factory harness.  And no programming needed.  Works right out of the box.  It took me about 15 minutes to install the entire setup in my 2016 LTZ.

Edited by AlaskaErik

• 1 month later...

The end result is... Even though our trucks have the plug in the dash for the factory trailer brakes, the answer is that you CANNOT add factory trailer brake  switch to a truck that did not come with it. There is a module under the truck by the spare tire that isnt there along with the harness for it. Many have asked this question. I mean it can be done if you had a donor truck and got the chassis harness and other stuff. But that's just crazy.

• Like 1