2018 Tahoe LT Light upgrade

Hello all!  Just picked up this 18 Tahoe LT for the wife as the third kid is on the way and we needed to upgrade for all of these childrens seats!!  I noticed driving at night that the headlights were not as bright as my 16 Sierra and I was hoping for opinions on the best upgrade for whiter, better lighting.  What does the collective brain believe is the best option for me at this time? 

spacer.png

Hello all!  Just picked up this 18 Tahoe LT for the wife as the third kid is on the way and we needed to upgrade for all of these childrens seats!!  I noticed driving at night that the headlights were not as bright as my 16 Sierra and I was hoping for opinions on the best upgrade for whiter, better lighting.  What does the collective brain believe is the best option for me at this time? 

BvGQZSF.jpg

I had the same issue with my Tahoe as well. I didn’t feel like upgrading to LED yet so I put these in and they made a big difference and match led daytime running lights good.

Adjustments.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, Bob2C said:

I had the same issue with my Tahoe as well. I didn’t feel like upgrading to LED yet so I put these in and they made a big difference and match led daytime running lights good.

Adjustments.JPG

Thanks for the suggestion, looking at the reviews on Amazon it’s kinda a mixed bag of people saying the life expectancy is 180 hrs and the burn out quickly.  How long have yours been in? 

Thanks for the suggestion, looking at the reviews on Amazon it’s kinda a mixed bag of people saying the life expectancy is 180 hrs and the burn out quickly.  How long have yours been in? 

Had them in 4 months. It’s a trade off. Brighter lights shorter life.

• 4 months later...

OEMs are Philips so I bought these on Amazon B00U1OIESK they are German made and I had really good luck with Philips on all my cars including Philips HID. I am sure they will burn out but beam forming is quite good. If I am to keep this truck HID is a must.

Brighter lights doesn't always mean they burn out quicker.  Not that it applies to these new trucks but I can remember headlight wiring upgrades being a big thing for 1990s vehicles.  Most of the people who upgraded showed substantial gains in brightness without a loss of longevity.  Basically, the stock wiring in those vehicles was allowing less than 12 volts to the actual bulbs.

But I also tried Sylvania Silverstar sealed beam headlights in my 1995 Jeep Cherokee.  One of them burned out rather quickly.  I just went back to stock and never had to touch them again.  I think the life of that on Sylvania bulb was absurd for what it was!

With that being said I feel as though the stock light output on my 2019 Yukon is exceptional and should be the same as your 2018 Tahoe.  Same headlight projectors and all, just in a differently shaped housing.

Edited by BlaineBug

Maybe so.  The light optics are all the same.  If they have an HID versus a regular halogen light bulb I do not know.  I have the SLT trim.  And the headlights do not have to warm up to full brightness.  I had a 2005 Mercury Montego that had factory HIDs and they would initially turn on dimmer and with a much more bluish visible tint, so I would have to say my Yukon SLT has standard halogen bulbs as they turn on to full brightness immediately.

Edited by BlaineBug

Definitely, SLT is a regular bulb but must be an upgraded version in 2019 because 2016-18 users of non-premium trims complaint about the poor light output. HIDs are dimmer at start but no comparison once warmed up, especially in 4300K temperatures. I had Philips HIDs on my previous truck and difference is just startling.