Trailering App keeps resetting trailer mileage.

This isnt a big problem but I do like to keep track of the mileage on my trailers. I loved that the truck did it for me until I noticed it keeps resetting. I can’t figure out when/why it happens but it’s reset at least 3-4 times. I just got my AT4 Sierra a few weeks ago. Anyone else having this? Or know of a fix?

My trailer mileage has reset several times but i haven't had it looked at. I use the guest user so i thought maybe it wasn't saving because it is not under a saved profile.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, bowtie2007 said:

My trailer mileage has reset several times but i haven't had it looked at. I use the guest user so i thought maybe it wasn't saving because it is not under a saved profile.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

I set up names for each of my trailers so it would save the mileage. It’s an odd problem. I can’t figure out why rhyme or reason. I tow a lot with the truck so it would be nice for it to work.

• 1 month later...

Maybe your ground isn't hooked up on the trailer.  These trucks have a hard time getting power back to the trailer through the hitch.   Mine would reset and show connected/not connected.  Took the ground wire on the trailer and made it grounded to the harness, so it completes the path not through the hitch.  Worked for mine anyway. Good luck.

Ken

20 hours ago, GMmaniac said:

Maybe your ground isn't hooked up on the trailer.  These trucks have a hard time getting power back to the trailer through the hitch.   Mine would reset and show connected/not connected.  Took the ground wire on the trailer and made it grounded to the harness, so it completes the path not through the hitch.  Worked for mine anyway. Good luck.

Ken

Hmmm..I’ll look in to it. But it is happening on both of my trailers. I don’t think mine has ever said the trailer was disconnected (unless I did disconnect it). It’s just the total mileage and average mileage resets. It seems to happen when the truck starts, but I can’t find any reason it would.