Black headlights on a Sierra denali

Hi all,

Has anyone changed out your headlights for all black and RGB halos, controled from the cab.

I can find kits but it's like they are for models that don't have the led lights.

If you did this swap please share where you got them from and if they are good.

Sent from my S10 using my thumbs, with tapatalk.

55 minutes ago, hackitz said:

nice work, did you have to put them in the oven to heat up the adhesive? what glue/adhesive did you use to reseal them? also what are: diode dynamics LED's, can they change color?

Thanks. 

I did put them in the oven but these headlights use permaseal instead of the old school rubber butyl glue so heat is not as effective and it took a long time to get them apart as i took my time, not wanting to break anything.  If you use the oven make sure you put a wet cloth on top and bottom of the headlight otherwise besides melting, the clear cover will spiderweb if you leave it in too long.  It took me about 2.5 hours to open each light, slowing prying the permaseal apart inch by inch ad reheating. 

Cleaned the tracks out with a dremel before resealing and cleaned off the clear lens edges.  I resealed them with standard automotive rubber butyl glue and the oven, then taped them up and let them dry/harden overnight.  I did mine about 10 months ago and have had no issues with moisture.  As long as you take your time and clean the tracks before reassembly you won't either.

Diode dynamics boards are bright white and turn amber for the turn signals/flasher.  They have no other color changing ability.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/2016-2018-gmc-sierra-led-halos.html

• Like 1